Rear Sets

BadWeather

Registered
If I install a set of rear sets will they allow me to position the shift lever better. I like the lever low and the kick stand prevents me from lowering the lever height where I want it. I know some people have added an extension to bring it out more but I really need it lower becuase I do not like lifting my foot to shift.

Sorry, no answer to your question, because I have the same. According to your sig, you're using buell pegs, right? On new rear sets, I think the shifter adjustability is there, but not sure they will let you adjust your peg as low as the buell peg is now. Anyone know for sure?

Has anyone tried bending out the shift lever so it will clear the kickstand better. It looks like it is cast aluminum so it may break?

Has anyone tried bending out the shift lever so it will clear the kickstand better. It looks like it is cast aluminum so it may break?

I'm afraid to try. It's close enough that I can adapt, but I would like to get this resolved. I suppose I should pick up a lever and give it a try

Does anyone know of an aftermarket one or one from a different bike that will work. To me this high shift position is very iritating, I have it set so low it is actually hard to get the bike in first but I still want it lower.

I had the same problem when I installed my Buell pegs. I have my shifter adjusted to where it *just* touches the side stand when I shift into first. I've gotten used to it...

Back