Rear mud-flap removal

JZ7355

Registered
Hey guys anyone have a link on how-to remove tail section step by step with shovel removal. Need help just picked up my bike today and have too get it done. Please help. Thank you all.

To get the shovel off it should be four bolts, I think they are 10mm. You can get to them without taking the tail section off. I don't remember if you have to take the tail section off or not to get to the wiring harness for the tag light.

To get the tailsection off there are two pushpins on each side on the under side. then the frankenstein bolts and the two small bolts towards the front of the tail section. It is easier to remove the tail if you take the small piece that is held in with the 4 push pins.

There are two wiring harnesses that you will have to undo. The small one is the one for thetag light and the larger one is for your tail light and turn signals. You will also have to take the hump lock cable off. MAKE SURE when you put it all back together that you put the cable back ON BEFORE you put the hump or seat back on.

Forgot to tell you congrats on your purchase!!

To get the shovel off it should be four bolts, I think they are 10mm. You can get to them without taking the tail section off. I don't remember if you have to take the tail section off or not to get to the wiring harness for the tag light.

To get the tailsection off there are two pushpins on each side on the under side. then the frankenstein bolts and the two small bolts towards the front of the tail section. It is easier to remove the tail if you take the small piece that is held in with the 4 push pins.

I unplugged the tail light from underneath the rear seat back in the trunk (hard to get to but it can be done especially with the help from some long needle nose pliers) It plugs in by the left side blinker pod, And then unbolted the 4 bolts like fiend said and then just pull down gently on the black plastic piece that the shovel bolts to and you can pull the license plate wire out. I think I had to cut a zip tie holding the wire to the frame also, But I did it from the trunk also. I did not have to take the tail section off mine. Hope this helps

I took mine off last night. Took the 4 bolts out. Unplugged the connectors on the left side of the "trunk liner" and just snipped the wire at the end of the tail from the outside. I didn't have the patience to cut the zip tie or whatever was holding the wire inside the tail. Since I disconnected the quick disconnect, I don't have to worry about a short, I guess.

All done guys thanks for all the input. Worked out great never even took the tail off at all.

photo.jpg

photo2.jpg

The law states it needs one, but I am the one who enforces the laws and I will not write myself a ticket lol.

Back