Rear Lights on 04 BUsa

I just a 04 busa with an aftermarket tail section on it. The rear lights are led. The whole thing lights up when you apply brakes, but when you turn the turn signals on nothing. I took off the tail section and applied 12volts straight from a battery. The brake lights up like usual, when I apllied current to the turn signals they light up but do not blink (I assume so since I applied constant 12 volts to it.) The factory harness was not cut, the person before used taps to get the power to the leds. Any suggestions to correct this? Also, can anyone tell me which color wire does what? Thanks in advance for the help!
super.gif

May just be a polarity problem. Ordinary bulbs don't care which way round they're wired, LEDs are Light Emitting Diodes, and a diode only works in one "direction". Try swapping the wires around that go to the connectors on the indicator LEDs.

Helps a great deal if you can post a pic of the undertail. Sounds like the turn signals were not wired in correctly. Should be able to help out more when I get home.

I took a mutlitester to it. I get a circuit when I have the turn signals on, but I get no voltage. I checked the turn signal/side sand realy per my 00 service manual (i belive its the same for my 04) any way i tested the relay one way and its fine, i reversed the poloarity on it and nothing. So this is telling me that the relay needs replacement. But the front turn signals work.

Back