Rear fender

03TBUSA

Registered
Ok just bought my first bike and yes its a busa. Couldn't pass it up. 2003. Taking it out tomorrow morning to practice, practice, practice. I was wondering if there was a write up on a DIY rear fender delete that I can do myself w a piece of aluminum or something. Or were I could get a kit that easy on the wallet. Also any tips for me on my first ride out would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys and gals. Bu the way, just moved up to Omaha s few months ago from Houston. Heard it gets a little cold up here...Can't wait to ride the beast sitting in the garage

Check on ebay and see if they have any used under tail kits 4 sale. Save a few bucks vs new and a few head aches as well trying 2 fab something up if your not sure

I just took it off and used the reflector brackets as the license plate bracket. Found a thread on here about it that gave me the idea. I just re-used the bolts and everything. Didn't need an additional part. Looks good and has held up for over 6k miles.

Welcome.

You didn't say if you have any experience riding just that this is your first bike. So do you?

What kind of riding gear do you have, for protection? This is not a bike to be ridden with exposed skin showing.
If you don't have protective gear - get some before you ride. Better safe than sorry.

How old are you?

New area to ride in? Avoid sand and gravel like the plague. They have brought down very experienced riders.

How are the brake pads? Do you know how to check them? Are there SS lines. How old is the brake fluid?
How many miles on the bike. On the tires? Old tires get hard and don't grip as well.

Why do you feel, before you even ride it, you need to mod the rear fender?
I'll say it again, if you don't have the protective gear that is one of the most important things to get before any mods are done.

Is the bike TOTALLY stock now?

Mines the 03, used the search on the site and found that with an exacto you can trim the rear fender and the Gen1 looks great.

Hi RedBusa. I had no experience when I purchased the bike couple months ago. I'm 33 and bike came with a couple of helmets I wear when riding around the neighborhood. I do need to check the pads although brakes pretty good while out but can't compare as its my 1st bike. No. SS lines but want them soon. Did oil, coolant and brake fluid already. Bike has 22k on it. New Michelins. The bike has dual rs-3 Yoshi and K&N. Previous owner dropped it about a inch. And about the rear fender, well the thing just looked hideous. Thanks For the ?'s though
My index finger is tired now

sounds like a decent bike. if u still have stock rear fender just dremmel it off. welcome to the org im sure you know by now this is the place for knowledge on busas. advice I have is look where you want to go. don't stare at obstacles and wear your gear.

Back