Rear Fender removal - I'm scared to do it.

Juli_s_first_ride_006.jpg

Dude how can you say it doesn't suit the lines of hte bike, that fender is a must take off IMHO

Im just trying to figure out the best Hugger to get now

I sketched mine out with a pencil. I didn't want to do the straight across chop, so I gave it a little curvature around the turn signals and then kind of rounded the bottom with the tire just under the tag bracket. I used a hand scroll saw and just followed the pencil line. sand it clean,
heat gun the edge and you're golden. Nothing to it man.

Re: Rear Fender removal - I'm scared to do it.

Bumping this ancient thread.. :laugh:

Cut mine off yesterday. Wish I would have done it years ago...:whistle:

image.jpg

What about the tail lights or do you replace then with aftermarkets ?

How do you like the Lockhart Phillips light? I've looked at it and one by Motodynamic for my Gen1. I've read through many old threads on this subject, so if there's any good info for new members like me I think it might be helpful.

I posted up not too long ago that I had to replace my clear alternative and I went with a tinted Motodynamics integrated one and so far I like it.

6C4231D7-3ED5-4586-A2BC-3B4C3835DE09_zps85e8izql.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

I think your thread was the one I found that led me to look at Motodynamic. The flash for brake and sequential turn signals seems like something I'd like too. Now that you've had it a couple of weeks do you have any more thoughts on it?

All worked well. The quality seems to be better than the CA from years ago. I upgraded my flasher relay previously, but the Motodynamics came with resistors in the plug and play wiring harness, which I used as well since it made it easy to install by using the factor wiring connectors.

So, yes I'm happy with my purpose.

Clear Alternatives quality went downhill years ago.
They were bought out by several employees and renamed Moto Lume.
Their quality and service improved again after that.

Back