Reality Check

afterhours

Registered
M. jackson died yesterday....
F. fawcett died yesterday....

today i got up and the economy is still flatlining...
unemployment is up
N. Korea is still run be a madman

and we still have troops in two combat zones....and our president is still using the FDR playbook to fight the deppression...

a little perspective people. Mr. Jackson was an entertainer. i liked his music too....but he was an entertainer..

My friends son, US Army PFC Jason West, currently serving in Iraq, said this to her last night. It's a direct quote!!! Unfortunately we know it's the truth in America.

This is a direct quote from him. Kind of makes you think

"IEDs suck. We are 2 men down now, but yet the very next day, we still drive on with the mission. Michael Jackson dies and half of America stops in their tracks for a man they did not even know, what a hard life." US Army PFC Jason West

my friends son, us army pfc jason west, currently serving in iraq, said this to her last night. It's a direct quote!!! Unfortunately we know it's the truth in america.

"ieds suck. We are 2 men down now, but yet the very next day, we still drive on with the mission. Michael jackson dies and half of america stops in their tracks for a man they did not even know, what a hard life." us army pfc jason west

:beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

Reminds me of when Micheal Phelps won 8 gold metals for swimming fast, when our men and women that sacrifice their lives don't get any metals at all. I think our troops don't get thanked enough.

My friends son, US Army PFC Jason West, currently serving in Iraq, said this to her last night. It's a direct quote!!! Unfortunately we know it's the truth in America.

"IEDs suck. We are 2 men down now, but yet the very next day, we still drive on with the mission. Michael Jackson dies and half of America stops in their tracks for a man they did not even know, what a hard life." US Army PFC Jason West

This sums up my feelings on all of the M.J. media coverage! It is always tragic when a life is cut short, but he was an entertainer, not the pope!

he was a pedo, plain and simple. i hope he reconciled this with whatever god he prays to. as far as iraq, it's unfortunate our troops are issued kid gloves, and the other side is playing for keeps. i hope our troops accomplish their mission soon, and come back to the comfy side of the planet.

I couldn’t agree more! I can’t stand the fact that so many Americans won’t go out and buy a $10 American flag and hang it in front of their house on the appropriate dates with respect to those who have paid the ultimate price (veterans) to protect us and let us enjoy our freedoms; however those same people will purchase so much sh*t and be in debt to own things that don’t mean a thing. Meanwhile, these Troops will ‘survive’ in a part of the world and experience things that most could not withstand for more than a moment, yet alone several tours. F**k, most in our country can’t go a day without their pansy-a** ‘frapachino’, while true Americans are in 115+ degree temperatures watching ‘Hell’ unleash itself on Earth. And the sad thing is that most of these troops have come from humble beginnings and they are trying to start a life so that they can be contributing members to society in the good ol’ US of A. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, a ‘dancer’ dies (with all ultimate respect to MJ and other entertainers, because they really play their part in our lives too, just not on the level that we’ve made it out to be, in my opinion) and the media is on the story 24/7. Truly f***ed up. May God watch over and protect our Troops!!!I

Reminds me of when Micheal Phelps won 8 gold metals for swimming fast, when our men and women that sacrifice their lives don't get any metals at all. I think our troops don't get thanked enough.

Completely agree again! Michael Phelps is an outstanding athlete and is very deserving, to a certain extent; however, with all respect to M. Phelps, he just swims and swims. I truly admire his ability, but who else gets to swim and participate in this athletic field by only participating in one particular field. He didn’t cook his food, it was paid for (he didn’t cook and clean up, hence time consuming), he didn’t have a job (in other words, have to work 40+ hours a week), he lived in his own apartment (paid for) and played video games when not working out. He basically had to swim, and swim hard (don’t misinterpret my respect for him; I’m sure that it was difficult and he was very ‘lucky’ because he is genetically disposed to being in perfect shape for a swimmer). Take that life over sitting in 115+ temps and watching friends die? I’d give it a shot and probably have fairly good results, although, once again, probably not as good as him; then again, not totally impossible that the results could be better (I mean really, how often are any of us put in such an ideal position?). Give these ‘celebrities’ more attention, glory, money and girls/guys (whatever the preference) than any hard working soldier risking their lives can ever expect to see? Just not right! Just not right!

Last edited:
M. jackson died yesterday....
F. fawcett died yesterday....

today i got up and the economy is still flatlining...
unemployment is up
N. Korea is still run be a madman

and we still have troops in two combat zones....and our president is still using the FDR playbook to fight the deppression...

a little perspective people. Mr. Jackson was an entertainer. i liked his music too....but he was an entertainer..

Good assessment. I don't watch the news or networks that often. I can imagine it's all that's being covered and that his criminal activities have been forgotten...

I hate the fact that there are so many people saddened by the fact that Jackson is dead. He deserves what happend to him. He molested a small boy. All of the news outlets and people around the world seem to forget this fact. We are losing soliders everyday, no one9 (except for the few that knew and loved them) stops to mourn them the way they did Jackson.

I'll bet McCauley Culken couldn't **** straight for a week!

bad-santa-movie-03.jpg

I dont know about how your local news station is but ours for the 1hr show is 90 percent sad and depressing **** IE: People getting killed , babies gone missing , North Korea , any number of other stories on death and illness , then we get a few mins of weather and with any luck we get one happy story of a dog that can do back flips or something lame....

I honestly believe the news is on to scare you into wanting to stay safely in your own home purchasing stuff you dont need just to have the illusion of safety from all the "Monsters" out there.... but who the hell am I? Maybe its just the news ? :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Back