A Little Patriatism

Cecil_Stringer

Donating Member
Registered
Saw this on another board.... Semper Fidelis.

Gonza said:
This was sent to me..thought our military peeps might like it!

One of my sons serves in the military. He is still stateside, here in California. He called me yesterday to let me know how warm and
welcoming people were to him, and his troops, everywhere he goes, telling me how people shake their hands and thank them for being willing to serve and fight, for not only our own freedoms but so that others may them also.
But he also told me about an incident in the grocery store he stopped at yesterday, on his way home from the base. He said that ahead of several people in front of him stood a woman dressed in a burkha.
He said when she got to the cashier she loudly remarked about the US flag lapel pin the cashier wore on her smock.

The cashier reached up and touched the pin, and said proudly, "Yes, I always wear it and I probably always will." The woman in the burkha then asked the cashier when she was going to stop bombing her countrymen, explaining that she was Iraqi.

A gentleman standing behind my son stepped forward, putting his arm around my son's shoulders, and nodding towards my son, said in a calm and gentle voice to the Iraqi woman: "Lady, hundreds of thousands of men and women like this young man have fought and died so that YOU could stand here, in MY country and accuse a check-out cashier of bombing YOUR countrymen. It is my belief that had you been this outspoken in YOUR own country, we wouldn't need to be there today. But, hey, if you have now learned how to speak out so loudly and clearly, I'll gladly buy you a ticket and pay your way back to Iraq so you can straighten out the mess in YOUR country that you are obviously here in MY country to avoid."
Everyone within hearing distance cheered!
Patriotism is not a Fad message. It's what we stand for.

Although I'm latin by decent, I'm AMERICAN by birth!

GOD BLESS AMERICA and OUR SERVICE PEOPLE!

Sgt. Stringer
USMC 1989 - 2002
2nd Force Recon
3rd Force Recon
3rd Recon Bn
2 Bn 3rd Marines

<!--EDIT|Cecil_Stringer
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120916882 -->

beerchug.gif

well said.

God Bless all of our troops. They die so we can live. America, you can love it, or get the hell out!

Semper FI, Cecil.

I only wish ever able body individual could experience the honor and pride of being a Jar Head.

ssgt said:
Here ya go Cecil... i just got this one in email today at work....

This was forwarded to me by one of our retired pilots. It’s worth the read! Lt. Col. Pleus’ response to this moron’s complaint is a classic example of the professionalism and honor with which our Military people conduct themselves. Unfortunately, too many people only know of the Military through what they see in movies or read in our laughingly slanted news media…
"Bill B" wrote:

From the Arizona Republic online.....

A complaint post from a moron, and the reply:

Complaint: Quote:

A wake-up call from Luke's jets

Jun. 23, 2005 12:00 AM

"Question of the day for Luke Air Force Base: Whom do we thank for
the morning air show?

Last Wednesday, at precisely 9:11 a.m., a tight formation of four
F-16 jets made a low pass over Arrowhead Mall, continuing west over
Bell Road at approximately 500 feet. Imagine our good fortune!
Do the Tom Cruise-wannabes feel we need this wake-up call, or were
they trying to impress the cashiers at Mervyns' early-bird special?
Any response would be appreciated."

The reply is classic, and a testament to the professionalism and
heroism of the folks in the armed services. The response:

Quote:

Regarding "A wake-up call from Luke's jets" (Letters, Thursday):
On June 15, at precisely 9:12 a.m., a perfectly timed four-ship of
F-16s from the 63rd Fighter Squadron at Luke Air Force Base flew
over the grave of Capt Jeremy Fresques.
Capt. Fresques was an Air Force officer who was previously stationed
at Luke Air Force Base and was killed in Iraq on May 30, Memorial
Day. At 9 a.m. on June 15, his family and friends gathered at Sunland
Memorial Park in Sun City to mourn the loss of a husband, son and
friend.
Based on the letter writer's recount of the flyby, and because of
the jet noise, I'm sure you didn't hear the 21-gun salute, the
playing of taps, or my words to the widow and parents of Capt.
Fresques as I gave them their son's flag on behalf of the president
of the United State s and all those veterans and servicemen and women
who understand the sacrifices they have endured.
A four-ship flyby is a display of respect the Air Force pays to
those who give their lives in defense of freedom. We are
professional aviators and take our jobs seriously, and on June 15
what the letter writer witnessed was four officers lining up to pay
their ultimate respects.

The letter writer asks, "Whom do we thank for the morning air show?"
The 56th Fighter Wing will call for you, and forward your thanks to
the widow and parents of Capt. Fresques, and thank them for you, for
it was in their honor that my pilots flew the most honorable
formation of their lives.

Lt. Col. Scott Pleus
CO 63rd Fighter Squadron
Luke Air Force Base

Semper Fi!

Dam!
wow.gif
cool.gif

Both of those are nice stories. I'm proud to have served and I would gladly serve again if I got the call. Thanks to those that are currently serving in harm's way, and also those that have served in the past.
beerchug.gif

US NAVY
Submarine Force 1984-1996 (Active Duty)
Amphibious Construction Battalion-1 1998-2001 (Reserves-SeaBee Unit)
wink.gif

OOOOOOOhrah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And oh yeah....... These Colors Never Run!!!!!!

Loved the articles.
Not sure if this is going to come out right or not.....

Anyone that serves in the Military, to defend the rights of this Country's citizens, does so Voluntarily. They do so that others may continue to enjoy freedoms that are taken for granted. They do so even when they know it means leaving family (Wife, children, parents, and siblings) to defend these rights, with the knowledge they may not see them again in this life.
Those that choose not to serve should realize this and thank them every day of their free lives. I am tired of the citizens who don't support the Military, who complain about the laws of this Country... if this Country and it's Military Forces are so bad..... MOVE!!! LEAVE!!!  We don't need you!!! We don't want you!!!
If this Country is so bad, why is it that everday citizens of other Countries die trying to get here?

To all the Active Duty, Reserve, Veterans, and those that gave their lives for what we have....

THANK YOU AND YOU WILL ALWAYS BE REMEMBERED FOR YOUR SACRIFICES

Currently, my Family has has one member serving in the US Marines, we have 4 Veterans of the Air Force, 1 Veteran Marine, and we have had 4 members that served and gave their lives in the Korean and Vietnam Wars.

George
US Air Force
1982 - 1992
B-52H Crew Chief

<!--EDIT|MrGxr
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120966186 -->

Brothers and sisters in arms - God bless you each and every one. Past, present and future. My heart will always be with my family that I served with in the Army and every other branch of our great nation.
If they attack our soil again - i'll just go Guard...... They don't care about my Medical Discharge!!

Dont tread on US!

SSG U.S.Army here from 1993 and still serving proudly, I swear I will pay for the tickets myself for all of those who complain about our beloved country. And to all my brothers and sisters currently serving with me God bless us all. Thanks to all who support us too, we are the Americans that uphold this country.

I am in a town that has a mobilization station for our troops going to Iraq. I see them all over town and think all the time how much of a sacrifice it is for their families, and themselves to serve our country.  I was in the guard in a combat heavy construction battalion for almost 10 years.  I was outed on a medical discharge from an injury in '92 while on summer camp in Honduras.  I still wish that I was in my unit fighting with them. As a 9-11 family member, I know just how important our battle with terrorism really is. We do have a goal that we are fighting for.  We need to stamp out terrorists, etc. so that we never have another bombing of any kind again.

Anyone that serves in the Military, to defend the rights of this Country's citizens, does so Voluntarily.
Not really...at least back in the day.

My dad is a Vietnam Veteran. He was drafted at 18 without a choice to say no. Placed on an unknown land, with just a very simple "training" and given a weapon to kill "the enemy".

Upon his return...he couldn't hear any loud noises or screams, this my brother had to suffer since he was a baby and dad even had to leave home since my mom was afraid he would do something bad to him. His nervous problems got better within time, he returned home to mom and my brother, got an education and proceeded to work. Then the brat was borned, me. Thankfully, dad's condition was a lot better, therefore, I didn't get it as bad as my brother did. Later on we learned that his condition is called post-traumatic stress disorder. He still goes through what I call blackouts every now and then, he can't watch any war movies, and he is very emotional.

With this said...I am VERY PROUD of my dad and I respect his love for the military. He is now retired as a WO-4, which he worked very hard for. Eventhough childhood was not easy, I did understand his ways and I thank him for all the love and the wonderful education he has given me.

I wish more people had more appreciation towards Veterans...especially those first wars in which they did not have the right of saying Yes or No.

Thank you ALL for your sacrifices...either being there yourself, having sons/daughters over there, any other family or friends.

I am PROUD to be Puertorrican and American and I thank USA for everything they have done and continue to do for all of us!

May God Bless Us All Always!

Vanessa

Saw this on another board.... Semper Fidelis.
"Sgt. Stringer
USMC 1989 - 2002
2nd Force Recon
3rd Force Recon
3rd Recon Bn
2 Bn 3rd Marines"

nyrican:

"SSG U.S.Army here from 1993 and still serving proudly, I swear I will pay for the tickets myself for all of those who complain about our beloved country. And to all my brothers and sisters currently serving with me God bless us all. Thanks to all who support us too, we are the Americans that uphold this country."
whoah cecil--

just noticed the sig. hats off-- you had quite a tour... now dontcha wish u stuck around till '09?

bowdown.gif

nyrican: +1!!!!

Back