Reaction time

Commuta_Busa

Donating Member
Registered
Reaction time test

my average is in the .122 range but I've cut a 0.0000 and a 0.000 (I don't know what the difference is but the sheep was in a different position.
race.gif

It is not necessarily about the best time it is about consistency! This is why I leave on the last yellow!

sheep.jpg

my times slow down (as expected) after lunch. It shows how what you eat n drink impacts your R/T's

consistancy is def key.. but it's always nice to tree a sheep (meant is the least sexual way).
beerchug.gif

This is actually a pretty good tool to work with and explore the hows and whys of reaction times and how it relates to drag racing.

Human reaction time averages around .150-.275 seconds. Most of the stuff I have read in relation to to drag racing response time show we react at around .210-.250 to the tree. Anything less and you are anticipating/guessing when it is going to light. They times are only the human factor, there is a vehicle reaction time that comes into play as well. The time that it takes the car/bike to roll out of the beam. This will add up to between .375 and .550 depending the driver/rider and car/bike.

One of the most imports things is to remove the guessing out of it. I find it difficult because of the multiple lights coming down. That is the reason most guys using delay boxes react to the top amber and let the box do the math. In a full tree if you are watching the sequence of 3 we tend to get the rhythm going on the first two. For some (me anyhow) that can become difficult.

One way to improve performance in this one is to use your peripheral vision to watch for sheep movement. Instead of focusing on the sheep, focus about the middle of the screen.

If we can get our eyes and mind (and fingers) to react correctly and consistently, we can make adjustments to the vehicle to move its reaction time!

150-.275 seconds. Most of the stuff I have read in relation to to drag racing response time show we react at around .210-.250 to the tree. Anything less and you are anticipating/guessing when it is going to light

DONT KNOW ABOUT THAT I AVERAGED .040 OR LESS ALL YEAR.YOU JUST HAVE GET TIMEING DOWN+ STAGE CORRECTLY MY LIGHTS WERE AROUND 100 THEN STARTED STAGEING DEEPER GOT THEM .040 AVERAGE
I WON TRACK POINTS CHAMPIONSHIP THIS YEAR MY LOCAL TRACK BRACKET RACEING
cool.gif

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:
<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
150-.275 seconds. Most of the stuff I have read in relation to to drag racing response time show we react at around .210-.250 to the tree. Anything less and you are anticipating/guessing when it is going to light[/quote]

DONT KNOW ABOUT THAT I AVERAGED .040 OR LESS ALL YEAR.YOU JUST HAVE GET TIMEING DOWN+ STAGE CORRECTLY MY LIGHTS WERE AROUND 100 THEN STARTED STAGEING DEEPER GOT THEM .040 AVERAGE
I WON TRACK POINTS CHAMPIONSHIP THIS YEAR MY LOCAL TRACK BRACKET RACEING
cool.gif
[/quote]
Congratulations on your win.

You need to re-read what I wrote. I don't believe there is much chance you are leaving on the green light and averaging .040 or less.

got a new best average of 0.154 !! but I couldnt figure out how to copy and paste it. ...........damn this is addicting

Got an average of .149. I did manage a 0.0000 once (pure luck). Fun game but very addictive.

Back