Re-map question??

ecosner

Registered
I recently had Yosh RS3 Race Bolt on's installed on my 04 Busa and it seems that it is running a bit lean now. Holding about 4-5k rpm it has a bit of a lean miss that fluctuates.

Suzuki dealer said that the airflow of the new pipes was not that significant that there was no need to re-map.

However, is there a way to actually re-map the stock system? Do I have to get a power commander to get more fuel? Can't really afford that right now.

Thanks for any help..

You will probably need to be remapped, so go to a place that can actually modify the ECU.

My dealer charges $75 to do this remapping.

like Juggler said you can modify the ECU but Yosh told me it wasn't needed. It won't hurt to have it done and if they know what they are doing you could free up some power.

Thanks for the feeback! I've decided to go ahead a leave it alone for now. It's not popping on decel and does not surge or stumble when riding.

The Yosh pipes sound awesome!, not to mention looks great. Really finishes off the back of the bike in my opionion vs stock pipes.

I was just a bit paranoid I guess... wanted to eliminate any possible damage if she was running a bit lean.

I have the same on my 03', race baffle. If anything, mine went the other way, too rich on the bottom. I talked to the local Hayabusa magic man and he said that is to be expected. We increased my idle a bit, about 1100, and this seem to get rid of the "lope" . I thought maybe my throttle bodies needed to be sync'ed but they were fine. He said the stock ecu should have the parameter to adjust for slip-ons but there is no sub. for a PC and a good dyno & tuner. I am going gen3 and making an appointment with Johnny Cheese when I can....even though he is about 7 hours away. Dallas does have some good gentlemens clubs, no?

The Yoshi importer in Oz, Mat Mladin Imports, told me a remap was not absolutly required but that if I installed a race air filter (BMC) as well as the cans it would be a good idea.
He said that there is a yoshi update module that can download a minor tweak to the factory ECM to correct for the mods and said that most authorized Yoshi dealers should have one.
I put the race cans on my '03 and its run fine with no tweaks.

Cheers
Ross
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|Rosco
Reason for Edit: "Brain fade"|1092302232 -->

Back