Rc51

greg3852

Registered
Finally got to ride an RC51 today. Cousin just bought it. It is a 2002 with 2400miles. Yes 2,400 miles. Bike is immaculate to say the least.

What a sound!!! I couldn't get enough of it. We went for a ride with me on the busa, and I kept letting him pass me just to hear it. Loved it.

Now it was awesome sounding, but WOW was it uncomfortable. It really made me appreciate how comfy my bike is. I was going to buy an RC51 myself, but I'm not sure if I can ride something like that anymore. It's tiny and really leans forward.

I do however want to make a recording of it and loop it at night to sleep to..lol

Or anything with Aprilia on the tank ;<)

16463915_398234667176809_4832678582775971840_n.jpg

I was just looking to grab one for the V-Twin sound. I change my mind about it like once a week. It was between a turbo for the busa or an RC51. I'll most likely grab the turbo.

To me the Honda V4 is absolutely awesome sounding as well. I think the V-twin is a bit different but both are incredible sounding. And the V4 is relatively comfortable, although not as plush as the Hayabusa.

I get where you are coming from. The 51 is on my list. Not sure why I haven't had one yet. Have had the TL and loved it, but would still love to have a RC51.

i dont think there is anything louder than a tl1000r with d and ds on it...well that sounds good anyway!

What about the Suzuki SV1000? I thought that was a pretty decent engine and the suspension/brakes could be upgraded for a nice package. Why won't Suzuki put decent brakes on a motorcycle?

I get where you are coming from. The 51 is on my list. Not sure why I haven't had one yet. Have had the TL and loved it, but would still love to have a RC51.

....until you sit on it, ride it, and realize, the TL has the same power, sound, and a comfortable seat! Not the padded board Honda uses on the RC51, lol

This is my fiddy one.
On the busa I just finished installing new rear sets and powder coating my rear footrest/exhaust mounts to match,, so will probably roll it out tonight and take some updated pics, and do some pics with them together.

All the modern liter bikes are faster/lighter/more hp than the rc51, but man-o-man that torque coming out of the slow tight corners.....!:race:

Oh yeah, and the sound of course:thumbsup:
I shortned my rs3's 5 inches as I thought they stuck out way to long
20170821_211501.jpg

I guess I'm too dumb to know any bettero_O
Ive never felt one bit of embarassment riding my honda or my suzuki:thumbsup:

Definitely go for a TLR I owned one for a few years before graduating to the Busa one of the best sounding bikes ever and the power was awesome.

Prior to this Busa, I've ridden Honda, Yamaha, Harley, everything. I must say I have always loved my Honda's. They have been amazingly reliable. I think when it comes down to it, the only TLR I want is the blue and white colored one, or the RC51. I am leaning toward the RC51 eventually. My problem is I am buying too many things at once.

Made a deal with the wife to buy new windows for our house, and I can buy the RCC turbo for the busa. Then in spring I'm grabbing an Ultra Classic as we aren't that comfortable on the Tri-Glide (keeping it though). So somewhere in here I have to grab an RC51 or TLR without her noticing..lol Wish me luck..

In my opinion though the TLR plastics are the best I've ever seen. I love the way the front lower portion extends over the wheel. It looks perfect to me.

Back