Rc 51??????

Its either a tire bad or you have a break issue. Both can cause this sensation.

Its a shame that bike sat for so long. Get out and ride that bike!!! Those bikes are to good to go to waste. Miss my rc.

Thanks for the compliments guys. The guy who owned her before me was quite OCD, so it's in MINT condition. Gonna shop for tyres now. ;)

193302_10150478496680389_510960388_17879041_1373455_o.jpg

Currently installed:
Akra Slip-ons
PC III
CRG Adj levers
GPR Steering Stabilizer
3M protective coating on tank, fairing, and front fender.
Smoked Zero Grav wind screen
Harris grips
Sargent Seat

Planned mods:
Proton turns front (Ordered)
Hotbodies Undertail (ordered)
Custom LED retro (Doing myself)
Sato gold bar ends, rear sets, sliders. (Re-thinking sliders because I REALLY don't want to cut in to the gorgeous fairings)
CRG Shorty levers
Sargent seat re-foam. I want to add more foam in the rear of the seat to get me closer to the tank.

Great looking bike. The RC's are geared too tall. They lug at 3500 rpm, which is where they run at 70mph. I changed mine to 15/41 down one up one from stock.

Here's a link to the online manuel's

Free RC51 Service Manual Download Honda RVT1000R RC51.info

If you install a new undertail, pm me I'd be interested in the stock rear fender.

took my licensce test on a rc51, had too do it in october when it was freezing due to a ticket. had been riding for years without a m permit. ya i know idiot

What a gorgeous bike! You're a lucky man to have such a clean one. Start with tires and end with head bearings. Most of the major points have been hit already.

Before I just bought the Busa I was looking at exactly three different types of bikes:

RC51
TL1000R
Hayabusa

The Hayabusa won because it's difficult to find low mile clean RC51s and TL1000Rs.

Beatuiful bike. Bud had an RC51. It liked to lift the front end alot. Love that twin sound. Tell him new shoes. :thumbsup:

Yeah when i was shopping for a new bike it came down to a Busa and an RC51. I was supposed to buy the RC51 but the owner kept flaking on me and trying to change the price. So i got fed up and went with the Busa......................:thumbsup: Every1 has been looking at my tail light ever since :moon:

Wow, holy thread revival! He actually totalled the RC-51 last June or July, banged up his leg pretty good too. He is trying to finish the rebuild and should be back up on two within a month or two we hope.

Back