Rc 51??????

Rongotti

Registered
Does anyone own one? My good friend just bought one and the RC forums are wack. He is trying to figure out if the tendancy for the bike to go one to one side or the other is due to the shorter wheelbase and weight compared to the Busa, or because the v-twin doesn't act as a "gyro" like an inline four. Thanks guys for any input
Posted via Mobile Device

One side or another, weird. Worn tires maybe? The wheels themselves give the gyroscopic stabilization, the motor doesnt have alot to do with that aspect. The twin will vibrate differently than a inline 4, but not pull it left or right.

Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

I had one for years and put 60 k on it with no problems its a good bike if you take care of it and NOT mod it too much ..what do you mean goes to one side or the other mine tracked straight and true ???

Can't say that this is a V-Twin issue... my TL1000R tracks straight and true, even with the front wheel dangling! :whistle:

And once again...... this is why the org is the best effing forum on the web, in the time I took to eat some chicken tenders 4 replys thanks guys.
Posted via Mobile Device

It doesnt pull per say. Bike has 2700 miles. Guess its like a wobble. He's probably just getting used to being on it as opposed to the busa or gixxers he's used to riding. Bike is cherry. Ill send over his contact info and he can pay for shipping. Good looking out on the tank pad.
Posted via Mobile Device

It doesnt pull per say. Bike has 2700 miles. Guess its like a wobble. He's probably just getting used to being on it as opposed to the busa or gixxers he's used to riding. Bike is cherry. Ill send over his contact info and he can pay for shipping. Good looking out on the tank pad.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tires, and bent wheel is unlikely but possible also.

Flat spot on tires or tires cupped? The bike has to be at least 6 years old or older and 2700 miles. I'm thinking original tires still?

sounds like worn tires.
it's very unlikely but the neck bearings? maybe check them while your at it. but im bettin new tires will fix the problem.:thumbsup:

tell your buddy, congrats on the groovy bike, from the ORG.:beerchug:

Does anyone own one? My good friend just bought one and the RC forums are wack. He is trying to figure out if the tendancy for the bike to go one to one side or the other is due to the shorter wheelbase and weight compared to the Busa, or because the v-twin doesn't act as a "gyro" like an inline four. Thanks guys for any input
Posted via Mobile Device

I bought a 2003 6 months ago. It will out turn a Busa.

There aren't many RC Forums, Rogue is the best, 20 bucks to join. Not much activity, but a wealth of information.

Yeaaaaaaa a light bulb just went off in both of our heads when we read that. He said it was sitting in the garage on a rear stand but the front was on the ground. He is going to check it out tomorrow. Here is a pic of the two girls in my garage

201513_10150480884690389_510960388_17908774_8145471_o.jpg

Yummy! Don't see that color often enough.

Posted from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk. :D

Thanks for the compliments guys. The guy who owned her before me was quite OCD, so it's in MINT condition. Gonna shop for tyres now. ;)

193302_10150478496680389_510960388_17879041_1373455_o.jpg

Currently installed:
Akra Slip-ons
PC III
CRG Adj levers
GPR Steering Stabilizer
3M protective coating on tank, fairing, and front fender.
Smoked Zero Grav wind screen
Harris grips
Sargent Seat

Planned mods:
Proton turns front (Ordered)
Hotbodies Undertail (ordered)
Custom LED retro (Doing myself)
Sato gold bar ends, rear sets, sliders. (Re-thinking sliders because I REALLY don't want to cut in to the gorgeous fairings)
CRG Shorty levers
Sargent seat re-foam. I want to add more foam in the rear of the seat to get me closer to the tank.

Back