Rant & Praise

EastCoast

Donating Member
Registered
Rant: Those that read my other posts know that I keep my 05 in the shed. The shed is in the corner of my back yard on the grass. Well my yard has a habit of retaining water, and it rained pretty good yesterday making matters worse.

Today was sunny and mid 40's, so I decided to take my bike out for a spin. What a freaking mistake. To make a long story short; I now have an arc in my backyard where the Busa tore it up trying to get off the grass and make it to the street. All that grass and mud had to go somewhere... it went all over my bike!!
sad.gif
Before you say anything, I gave it as little throttle as I could... just to get the bike moving. After I went for a 50 mile ride I spent the rest of the day cleaning it. Rant over
smile.gif

Praise: On my 50 mile trip I had the bike up to 100 MPH. Wow is the word that comes to mind. Smooth, rock solid power. I know some are saying only 100. You have to keep in mind that I live on the eastern shore of Maryland where speeding tickets is a second income for the state right behind taxes. The legal limit on Hwy 50 is 55 MPH and anything over 60 is risking a ticket. So 100 MPH and NO ticket... I'm happy with that. This bike is awesome.

BTW It was very windy today and the bike didn't move much at all... while I was getting buffeted quite a bit. Praise never over
wink.gif

biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|EastCoast
Reason for Edit: None given...|1134790740 -->

I've got the same arrangement with a shed in the backyard and lots of grass to cover before I make it to the driveway. Been there, done that! Sometimes you've just got to ride... you can fix the muddy trench later.

go to a home depot or lowes and buy 24 inch x 24 inch stepping stones,they come bigger 30 x 30 but start gettin heavy you and a couple of good friends could make a day of it. future problems solved and you get a nice walkway to get the busa to the street and still keep the grass

go to a home depot or lowes and buy 24 inch x 24 inch stepping stones,they come bigger 30 x 30 but start gettin heavy you and a couple of good friends could make a day of it. future problems solved and you get a nice walkway to get the busa to the street and still keep the grass
That is exactly was I was thinking of doing
smile.gif

Good to hear you got out for a ride and cleared some cobwebs. Got out myself today. I didn't get to moto cross before riding, but I did get out...
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

Back