Raised tail mod *pic

gymrat829

Registered
Hey, im sure you guys may have seen busa's with the raised tail look like a gsxr1000, i just came across a picture and i think it looks really good, anyone know where these kits can be found? Any idea on the cost, i haven't seen very many bikes with it. Heres a pic.

raised_busa.jpg

its just shorter dog bones is all.

just get shorter ones instead of longer ones.

contact schnitz racing or possible Streetntrack or another sponsor there just raising links i forget the cost but i think under 50 bucks

higher rear and lower front will actually improve "turn in"

and will allow you to lean more.

might think bout doin it myself if I ever get a hugger and undertail

do you have to do anything to the susupension? Or will stock suspension be fine?

what all is involved in changing the dogbones?
simple
smile.gif
remove exhaust....get bike up in the air but odnt have any weight on the swingarm... lots of ways to do this. helps to have a friend to help. then just unbolt the 2 bolts holding the dogbones on, and swap them. i got pics somewhere.. let me know if you need help if you get them

So because I'm slow I need a recap. All you need is a set of SV dogbones and your're good to go w/this mod? I like the look wonder if it puts more pressure on your wrist due to angle

I made my own dog bones to do this, but the SV one's work pretty well too. Handling is alot sharper with the back jacked up a little, if you want your busa to handle better in the turns, I recommend this one.

if you are lowered you must remove the exhaust or you will risk scratching everything up.

A picture. Remove the upper and lower bolts (in my pic) from the octagon rod. Yours will be flat with round ends hence "dog bones".

<!--EDIT|Puzzled
Reason for Edit: None given...|1153909938 -->

133.JPG

Back