"Race Spoiler" (NHRA)

FalconofFreedom

Registered
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" http://www.nhra.com/content/news.asp?articleid=11083&zoneid=8 "
TODAY AT 5PM ON ESPN2 DISHNETWORK CH144

Angelle Sampey and Karen Stoffer in Pro Stock Motorcycle -- went a combined 11-3 in final eliminations at the 37th annual ACDelco NHRA Gatornationals Sunday with three final-round appearances and one victory.
Troxel and Enders were runners-up in their respective classes, and three-time POWERade Series world champion Sampey was victorious on her U.S. Army Suzuki to take the early points lead in Pro Stock Motorcycle. It was the 38th win for Sampey, placing her in a tie for ninth with Top Fuel driver Larry Dixon on the all-time NHRA POWERade Series victory list and first among women.

It's cool to see chick's Racing!

" http://www.nhra.com/2007....ty=Full "
Angelle Sampey

Both of Sampey's Saturday runs put 6.91s on the scoreboards. The first one -- a 6.919 -- gave her the national record. She then lowered the mark to a 6.911, which ties the quickest pass ever. The U.S. Army Suzuki rider has now earned 40 low qualifying awards.
"This is a beautiful way to start the season," Sampey said. "To be No. 1 in the quickest field ever with a potential national record already in the books and to have my teammate [Antron Brown] right behind me in third is awesome for us. There aren't as many Suzukis as there used to be but we're still here.
"I hope we get the record but we might need to go quicker to hold onto it. There are probably four of us that can run 6.8s tomorrow if the weather is like it was today so we'll see. The cool thing is these are our old bikes. We have new ones in the trailer but my crew chief wants us to test a little more before we bust them out. We have four bikes on this team that can run a national record.
"We have everything we need to be champions this year. We just need to hold it together for the entire season and stay away from those red-lights. I want to get back to that point where you feel like you can win every race and where your competitors feel like they can't beat you."
When spanned to final qualifier Karen Stoffer's 7.033 at 191.87 mph, Sampey's 6.911 tops the quickest field of Pro Stock Motorcycles ever assembled.
Craig Treble, Sampey's friendliest rival, is second on his unsponsored Suzuki with a career-best 6.930 at 192.85 mph. He's the quickest of five new riders in the six-second club.
Sampey's U.S. Army teammate, Antron Brown, is third with a 6.930 at 191.24 mph. Friday leader Chip Ellis has the quickest Buell with another 6.930 at 190.75 mph, which placed him fourth.

Any going to watch this ?

I thought there might be some interest in here.....
poke.gif

I'm going to watch it, but I wish I didn't know who won before I did.

Next time, please put "RACE SPOILER" in your caption.

This is kind of an expansion on the above topic. Not necessarily off topic just a bit of an addition.

I started reading this article with particular enthusiasm. It has to do with the allowance of 4 valve billet 4 cylinder motors in NHRA PS bike racing. Of even more interest was the statement made by Steve Tartaglia.

"By far, the team with plans to most leverage the new rules is the Army/Don Shumacher Racing team. DSR is currently in negotiation with Suzuki to build a full-billet, purpose-built engine. They are working to identify a company (word is they have it down to two) to build the prototype which will then be produced by the DSR team."

I was always a huge fan of the old GS Motors (look how long they have been at the top of PS!) Then back in the 90's NHRA neutered them and allowed the 2 valve motors a big weight/displacement advantage. Then Byron hines springs his all billet V-rod on them and wins the the title three straight years. Now they are opening the rules up a bit and it sounds like you will see Hayabusa and ZX14 bikes running in PS bike as it should be! I for 1 can't wait to see how this shakes out!

http://www.dragbike.com/dbnews/anmviewer.asp?a=2813&z=2
race.gif

Back