NHRA races at Englishtown NJ

RX1Jim

Registered
My son and I spent the yesterday at the NHRA races at Raceway Park in Englishtown, NJ. Yesterday was mostly qualifying for the pro categories. Great day, we usually go the the event for 2 days but to much to do at home limited it to just one day. Bike category was dominated by the Harley and Buell bikes as ususal, both in performance and no. of bikes. I spoke to two crewchiefs for Suzuki riders (crewchiefs for LE Tonglet and J. Underdahl) about the competitive advantages of the Buell and Harleys. Bothe were VERY vocal and obviously very pissed off about the significant disadvantage the Suzuki bikes have. Both said they expected changes to be coming that we level the playing field but make take a few years.

Weather was great for making high horsepower, some greta runs by all classes. The Pro-Mod cars are my favorite class, wild cars: insane horespower, always a wild ride.

We also got to meet Jesse James over in the Funny car pits, he was their supporting his wife Alexa Dejoria. He spent a lot of time with the fans, signing autographs, taking pics and bsing. Pretty nice guy, easy and pleasant to talk to, talked a bit about custom bikes.

Jim

wat disadvantage wud slozuka have over the buell and HD? nothing is stock or are they referring to the weight?

NHRA drag races: I'm a motorcycle guy but we've been to the NHRA Nationals in Brainerd MN a couple times. I don't spend much time watching the motorcycles, kinda boring. Top Fuel and Funny Car, those are what attracts me. Especially in the pits, very cool watching the mechanics, hearing a Nitro engine fire, smelling the fuel, your eyes burnin', the INSTANT acceleration when they blip the throttle when on the work stands. Very cool! Glad you got to spend a day with your son doing that!

Back