Quiet Exhaust system and performance?

OB_Rats13

Registered
Looking at the posting I am finding lots of good information on exhaust systems but not much detail on noise levels (except Muzzy's are LOUD). I am looking at doing a few mod's to my 99 and would like some advice please. I want to lose the weight of the stock exhaust but I want to keep the noise down. I see that this requirement disqualifies the Muzzy. It also looks like a PC2 and a air box modification from the Motorhead are in-order. Any advice on these items (or any other) is much appreciated. Also, where to go for the best prices?

Since you will be getting the motorhead air box, just get everything from him. He will treat you well. I went with the ti-force pipe and it was an awsome choice. The sound will definitly be what your looking for. Just for the record though, the i have heard a busa with a muzzy and its not all that loud. Dont believe the hype. You wont wake the neighbor just riding around. However, any pipe under throttle is going to attract attention and wake several neighbors. just my opinion. good luck

jeff

I ordered a full TI Muzzy and added the option for the extra baffle/packing to bring the noise level down a bit from the normal cans. Info on Muzzys.com. Dave from Muzzys said the idle sound level would be the same and the extra silencer would take effect under hard throttle conditions. He said only 1% decrease in hp. I hope that is true though I was willing to give up a little to help keep things more stealth.

MEGA THANKS for the info guys!! I had a Muzzy on my 90 ZX11 (killed the bike with a highside last year, anybody need parts??) and it was a bit too loud although I did not have the extra baffle.

TMH will set ya up right, thanos is right. I have a Sato from nxtlevelracing, its an awesome pipe too.
Also if ya get the TMH airbox be ready for serious intake roar(I love it!) under throttle.

:)

Back