Quick question

gsferrari

Registered
<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Situation:</span>

I just bought a used Acura RSX and I have a few questions

1. The vehicle is currently registered to the seller.
2. Title was signed over to me in presence of Notary today.
3. I have insurance for this vehicle according to state requirements.
4. Seller has paid Highway tax for 2006.
5. I have all documents (insurance, registration, title, damage disclosure and application for new title and plates).

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>Questions:</span>

1. Can I legally operate this vehicle even though I am yet to make a trip to the DMV to register it to my name?
2. Do I have to pay the highway use tax again considering that it has already been paid for this vehicle?
3. Do I need new plates of can the old plates be transferred?
4. Do I have to worry about anything else?

I plan to get it registered first thing on Monday morning. I just want to drive today night to see some friends in Richmond.

PLEASE HELP!!

<!--EDIT|gsferrari
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149435900 -->

What! No replies?

Can someone please tell me what the deal is. I have to leave in 3 hours
sad.gif

Can I legally operate the vehicle with Title and Insurance even though the DMV registration work will be done only on Monday?

Thanks!

Just don't get pulled over.
tounge.gif

You should be fine like TXBusa said.  When I bought my Firebird I drove it all the way across the country with the other guy's plates on it.
cool.gif
Just make sure you have the bill of sale and ins. info. I'm not sure if I would carry the title around though.

<!--EDIT|jwcfbd
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149451609 -->

I think i'll get pulled over regardless because this bike attracts too much attention...the RED color was probably not the best decision I made ever
tounge.gif

The Acura will probably stay at home until tomorrow. Just prefer to ride before the weather gets screwy...

<!--EDIT|gsferrari
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149451860 -->

Back