Quick Exhaust Install Question

jpowell490

Registered
Installing my new Yosh RS-3 full system tonight, the instructions say to install with no port gaskets. That goes against everything I have ever know, I have also heard to leave the factory ones in there and bolt it up. Any suggestions from the guys who have done it?

This is on my 08 by the way. Also, that RS-3 is a super nice system, haven't heard it yet, but I am sure it will be nice.

Thanks,

Follow the directions. Yosh has been working with Suzuki for years developing top notch products for their customers.

I've got the Bolt on RS-3 . They sound great. Real deep and rich...you'll love em

Accesorized1.jpg

Last edited:
One of the header bolts was a bit hard coming out. When I got it out it is bent, so have to find another one of those before I can complete the install :poke:

Did a full R77 system on my 08. Follow the directions and no gaskets. The header pipes slide over a collar that seats against the exhaust ports and is behind the flange. No worrys..no leaks.:thumbsup:

Truwrecks and BikeDude, thanks for the input. You guys were right, they do look different from the stockers for sure. I removed the factory gaskets and installed with no gaskets, it runs like a charm with no leaking, etc.

Don't let anyone fool you, that is a job :laugh:. It will take a full day no doubt, and do yourself a favor, take the horn OFF and put it on the floor, don't ask me how I know :banghead:

2 of my stock bolts were bent, yes bent. Had a hard time getting one out and the other wobbled as it came out. So I got 2 replacements and will replace them with factory ones, possibly these seem to do fine. I put them on the outside so they would be easy to get to.

The RS3 is fairly quite really, but sounds really good and looks good. Slip ons are MUCH easier for sure, but the full system looks much better and makes things easier to get to.

Someone also posted that after you do this, you will have to remove the oil line to replace the oil filter, they were right. Not a hassle because it has an o-ring seal.

I haven't put the plastics back on yet, not looking forward to that :rofl: I will tackle that tomorrow over a 6 pack. :beerchug:

Back