Questions about welding

Big E

Donating Member
Registered
Well, seems like the job is going to be giving me a lot of time off for the month on May. I've always wanted an undertail exhaust set up. This seems like the best time to do it. I was wondering if you guys could tell me the differences in welding? What is TIG welding to MIG welding? I need to purchase a welder but would like something cheap as this would be the only time I use it. I ve got an idea of what I would like to do to the bike. Just need the right equipment. My bike will be having a complete make over to it in May. New paint, wheels, and hopefully an undertail exhuast.
biggrin.gif

If you have no experience welding, it will be a tough order to fill the bill that you want in order to do a project like that.

TIG is what most people would use for a complicated exhaust, simply because it allows you to add the metal as you need it, as opposed to a MIG or wirefeed welder.

The problem is that to get a decent TIG outfit you will pay about four times what a full race exhaust system would cost.

Besides a welder, you will need a tubing bender and cut-off saw for an exhaust project.

can put undertail exhausts for a busa
rock.gif

... can some one post up a link for me...
blush.gif

Back