Questions About 2000 Busa

Kat600

Registered
Hi all, I am looking into purchasing a 2000 busa with about 33,000 kms (22,000 miles) on it. Here is the information that I have on it : Bike looks and works great. 2nd.owner. Well maintained, 33000km, oil and filter every 3000km.Full Muzzy 4 into 1 stainless exhaust in december 06, Techlusion fuel injection tuner, new tires front and rear and new brakes.

If all of the above is true, is there anything specific that I should be looking for with this year?

thanks!
Shawn

Hello from Ontario, CANADA.
I bought a 2000 BUSA in the spring of this year and love it!! Got a killer deal that I couldn't pass on with lots of extras included in the deal and owned by a mature owner who had the money to have ALL servicing done a the dealer.
The thing I looked into before laying my money on the table was to have the V.I.N. checked by the Suzuki dealer to make sure the Suzuki recall for the Chain Cam Adjuster Spring had been dealt with already by the previous owner. Mine had been taken care of already when I bought it, if your hasn't check with your dealer.
I can't think of anything else specific to the 2000 model except the obvious when buying a used bike. Don't be afraid of a bike with some mileage on it, mine had over 24000KMS on it when I bought it and had been babied from new.
Just do your homework before hand so you don't end up with a lemon.

Good luck and keep us all posted on your decision and welcome aboard.

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
to the Site, and just do what your Canuck buddy said and you'll be OK  
super.gif

Welcome, just do your homework as wingman suggested. Post up some pics when you get her home!

Thanks for the replies so far folks. I'll do a little more digging. Keep it coming if anyone has anything to add.

The same time as I posted this, I did some posting on local forums to see if anyone had known the bike history or owner. Within a minute or two I had found out that the bike had been dropped recently and he ran the rear tire so bald that it went flat on him last week. Plus I spoke to him and he wants to get a smaller bike so he can stunt which makes me wonder what he has done to it already.

Too many warning signs for me!! I am unfortunately Busa'less for now.

Good job on the homework! You can find another one, just dont give up.

Looks like the homework paid off, glad to hear it!!
It's better to wish you had a Busa and keep shopping than to be stuck with a lemon and wishing you hadn't spent the cash in haste!
Lots of them for sale in Quebec which isn't that far of a drive if you make it a road trip/adventure, after all that is what the Busa is all about. I looked into a few when I was shopping as well and decided if it was the one I wanted I could always take the wife to Quebec for a weekend getaway to pick it up. You know how it goes, I get a new bike and she gets to shop in Montreal unrestricted for the weekend. Everyone wins!!
I was fortunate enough to find one within four hours drive of us in Ontario but we had to make a fast dash late on a Friday night to look it over and drop down the cash since five other buyers were coming the next day to look as well. Showed up with a trailer and cash in hand and less than an hour of arriving to look at it we were on the way back home with my new toy.
Long drive home but what a road trip, I'll never forget that one.
But what a feeling to wake up the next day and see that shiny Busa sitting in my driveway. Couldn't believe it and I was there!!
Keep searching on www.trader.ca and www.kijiji.ca under halifax and Cape Breton.
Let us all know when you find your ride.
Good luck my fellow Canuck.
jump9.gif

Back