New to the board, possible busa

EVO8

Registered
Hi everyone,
New to the board, I currently own a 2000 Yamaha YZF R1 and possibly looking at purchasing a new 2006 Hayabusa. I've never driven one but I use to own 1995 Kawasaki ZX-11D. From what I hear, the busa has a similar feeling to it.

Here is my current stipulation.... My wife wants to ride with me (on the R1 of course), and it's not very confortable after an hour. There is no handle bar on the back or the side so when we go to a stop, she is pushing up against me (causing me to kinda lose balance of the bike sometimes). I want to hear your opinions, experience and comments about the Hayabusa. I haven't purchased the Busa yet but since I've never driven one, I would like your comments to possibly help me out wether to buy a Busa or not.

Cheers,
Thai

Welcome to the org!
smile.gif

The Busa is great for two up riding~ Your wife will find it to be a very comfortable ride ..comparativly speaking~ It handles two up as if you're riding single~ You will hardly even notice she is sittin back there~ Give it a try... I'm pretty confident you won't be disappointed~
wink.gif

Welcome to the org!
smile.gif

The Busa is great for two up riding~ Your wife will find it to be a very comfortable ride ..comparativly speaking~ It handles two up as if you're riding single~ You will hardly even notice she is sittin back there~ Give it a try... I'm pretty confident you won't be disappointed~
wink.gif
+1
My wife was amazed at the smooth ride and spacious seat.
Can't compare with any other.

Welcome to the org!
smile.gif

wink.gif
+1
My wife was amazed at the smooth ride and spacious seat.
Can't compare with any other.
+2 on the two up ridding.. My wife doesn't mind riding two up on the Busa. When stopping or going through the twisties she usually grabs around (OK no jokes) and support herself with the tank rather then lean into me or use the grab rail. Although shortly after getting the Busa she got her license and now rides her own bike. I don't know if the twisties had naything to do with that
wink.gif
but you never know.

wink.gif

one of the reasons I bought my busa was for the comfort of two up riding. My wife was totally aginst me getting the beast untill we went to the dealer and tried on a few different bikes.
After sitting on every bike in the showroom she took a seat on the busa and well, the rest is history. Almost every time we go for a ride it's at least an hour and I don't have any complaints. All in all it's a great bike and one of the best investments i have ever made..

I'm glad to hear about the 2-up comfort.
The wife expressed an interest before I bought it, so maybe she'll hop on.

The Busa is a dream bike. I have not heard of anyone regretting the purchase.

Twisted mine up to 150 for the first time this morning.
What a rush!!!

Welcome to the .org! 2-up, 1-up is all great riding.

Hi everyone,
New to the board, I currently own a 2000 Yamaha YZF R1 and possibly looking at purchasing a new 2006 Hayabusa.  I've never driven one but I use to own 1995 Kawasaki ZX-11D.  From what I hear, the busa has a similar feeling to it.  

Here is my current stipulation....  My wife wants to ride with me (on the R1 of course), and it's not very confortable after an hour.  There is no handle bar on the back or the side so when we go to a stop, she is pushing up against me (causing me to kinda lose balance of the bike sometimes).  I want to hear your opinions, experience and comments about the Hayabusa.  I haven't purchased the Busa yet but since I've never driven one, I would like your comments to possibly help me out wether to buy a Busa or not.  

Cheers,
Thai
Welcome! I would wait for the 07 Busa personally. Shouldn't be much longer (a few months) before Suzuki makes their press release.

P.

no complaints all compliments haven't had any crying about two up riding.
Welcome to the org. and the madness

Twisties 2 up is not fun, nor are downhills. All the 1 up riding is great.

I needed the Laminar Lip, throttle lock (NEP), and about 2 months to be really comfortable on the Busa. Since then I've got a seat cover D&D bolton's (+marble) and a BMC street filter. The only other thing I'll do will be visibility and comfort mods

firedevil.gif

Welcome to the board. Either way you look at it the busa is the best sport\turing bike out there.

I love my05 red and black.It has been lowered so 2up can bottom out some. No complaints though.It also rides great 1 or 2.I say buy it youll love it.I"ve had mine 2 months and already put 4,300 miles on her.i started with a CB 750F honda (I still have it I call her tjhe beast)then had a 87 virago 1100(what a piece)then on to my 04ZRX kawi(Iloved that bike)but I was bulding up to the best,which brings me to my 05 red and black.... Go for it !!!!

Back