Question regarding lowering the front...

nddragon01

Registered
What's up all,

I'm looking to lower my 'busa 1" in the front and rear and I was planning to use lowering bushings in the front. My question is:

Am I going to run into trouble turning the handlebars lock-to-lock because the brake/mas.cyl. reservoirs are hitting the windscreen after being raised by the bushings?? I've heard that this can be an issue when lowering the front end. If so, do they need to be re-positioned, or can the loss in the turning radius be ignored due to the handlebars turn far enough to accomodate everyday riding and turning??

Thanks!

I dropped the rear and front 1" without a problem. Just don't go more that that or else your front fender will hit the plastic under the front cowling.

+1. Have Pingle bushings up front and no clearance issues at all, still full turn on bars.

My high beam switch is hit by my aftermarket windscreen when i turn all the way to the right, other than that i have no complaints with the pingel bushings i installed. IMO it is a cost effective alternative to an aftermarket tripple tree and i didn't want to loose my 2003 anniversary badge anyway.

Sweet. Thanks dudes. I as well am going with the Pingel bushings for a 1" drop because I didn't want to spend the dough for a new triple tree clamp...and because I like the one already on the '06 models.

i just lowered mine w/ reaper risers (1") no issues with turning or windscreen interference.
waiting on soupy's links to lower rear.

Back