question about top speed... and...

owens231

Registered
WELL... im from the uk... im trying to find a place to top speed the busaim getting... maybe a track with the longest strait, i want to stay in the uk and dont mind how far up the uk i go to do this... just dont want to do it on the road as here, there arnt many roads that long enough without a speed camera or some kind of speed device, and i want to keep my license... and im not a **** and might hurt myself or another person, id rather pay and do it in a controled enviroment... maybe a long drag strip... i just found out that santa pod isnt long enough, which is a shame as i gothere quite abit... write back, any info much apreciated :) please dont have ago at me like on other forum rooms... thanks :)

How close are you to the Autobahn?
That would be my first choice if I were anywhere near it.
They are used to the speed and it is legal.

UK has not unrestricted autobahn....he has to go to Germany for that nowadays...even the Frenchies have restrictions all over the place. :laugh:

Hey Owens...how close are you to the old England Air Bases?? Maybe they have track days on the old runways there. When I was stationed at Bitburg AB the flightline was closed and handed back to the German nationals who used the runways for racing, the hangars for go-kart tracks, etc. That would be a good place to start. Here's a list of US bases that were shut down through the BRAC program: Bentwaters, Chicksands, Greenham Common, Sculthorpe and Upper Heyford Check all of those first for 2+ miles of pavement!

Last edited:
UK has not unrestricted autobahn....he has to go to Germany for that nowadays...even the Frenchies have restrictions all over the place. :laugh:

That's the one I meant.
What is it about 600 miles?
Take a cruise and go and do it right.

Just take it a step at a time...and be careful as you learn what a big bore bike has to offer...

One of the hardest things about going fast when you're not used to it is remembering you have to stop~!~

I know you think people are tearing into you (just concerned for your safety), but think about trying the bike out for a little while before modifying it and make sure that's what you want...

I'm glad you are thinking about hitting a closed course, especially while learning the true strength of the motorcycle~!~

Call the guys at Top Gear, Clarkson hates bikes but the lil guy may let run.

PS- Can you get me an autograph from the Stig?

I met some guys over there while on a project in the UK. They hung out by the river in Stratford-upon-Avon on the weekends. I heard them talking about some places to get the busa to stretch her legs, one guy had a nice NOS injected bike, surely there's a few places to run it out :beerchug:

I would imagine there would be an airbase or two as suggested above, would be my first place. If you get to the US, there's lots of fun places :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, :welcome: to the Org :beerchug:

what about the isle of man ? theres no speed limit there , the only thing is the ferry is a total rip off . you'll not get top speed but you don't need to worrie about a ban . i was there a few months ago & loved it .

hey, and okay, thanks for all the information, i'll have a look on the internet at the runways and airbases and will try and find a phone number, cant wait to see what she will do when i get her that is... i been on the top gear runway, look at my youtube videos under owens10101 i videod them filming... met the top gear 3 at the mph show in london! sat in the very nice bugatti veyron, "wasnt comptable atall" but who cares at 252mph! not like your going to be complaing about the seat...

hmm im not to sure about the wings thing, could be very interesting at over 100mph tho right?? backtire lifting off, lol

I dont think so :S

Back