Putting new rings question

busanostra

Registered
Putting back (stock) Gen. 1 new piston rings.
I gapped the ring and it's .006 gap --- Is this ok or do I need to file it to 14 or what?
Thank you.

The stock gap from Suzuki is a whole lot tighter than people run when they make performance modifications. I believe that I found the gap from Suzuki to be about .007, but please take that for a grain of salt. If you read the ring gap suggestion from Wossner Pistons, you should have about .014 for a high performance engine and up to .025 for a land speed turbo engine. In any case study up a little bit and figure out what your goal is going to be and go from there.

The stock gap from Suzuki is a whole lot tighter than people run when they make performance modifications. I believe that I found the gap from Suzuki to be about .007, but please take that for a grain of salt. If you read the ring gap suggestion from Wossner Pistons, you should have about .014 for a high performance engine and up to .025 for a land speed turbo engine. In any case study up a little bit and figure out what your goal is going to be and go from there.
Hi. I am using Total Seal for my LSR/ Street bike.

Back