Pure Acceleration -Tampa- Great lil bike shop

rusheriv

Registered
Pure Acceleration Anyone in the greater Tampa Bay area should check this place out. They not only provide low prices on parts and gear, but also provide a one of a kind open bay with all of the tools you'd need to install products purchased at the shop, at no extra charge.

I picked up a set of BT-016 for $262.15 OTD, that includes mount and balance! Stopped by there last Friday about 6:30pm to check them out and order the slippers for my girl. Rode up there yesterday around 6:00pm, pulled into the bay and before I could get all my gear off, the owners (Mike and Melanie) were pulling tools out of the chest to get me started. Pulled the rear wheel and handed it off to Mike to do the mount and balance as I got to work on the front. All the while, Mike is quick to offer wrenching tips and assistance. After he'd balance the tires Mike looked up the torque specs as I was struggling to remember what was what. I was in and out in about an hour. What a great experience!

Iuh_GrNte_jq6LH4L9sT2inuutkQq01XRpXUKl9_QxxKSm7WfASNHsiacR4jYFyrXoNqDYKOsVVZfhNRRFhBoEAmzvRJbogw.gif

Almost forgot ... here's a pic of Pippin awaiting her new slippers ...
DSC01020.jpg

and a pic of Mike working the shoe horn.
DSC01021.jpg

DSC01020.jpg

DSC01021.jpg

Yeah, it's the first I've heard of a place where you can wrench on your bike with their tools and ya don't pay and didn't have to be "one of the boys".

Well, I take that back, I could run out to MacDill AFB and use the autocraft shop, but they don't sell bike parts, their not setup for bike wrenching and there's not knowledgeable guys like Mike hanging around to lend a hand.

Pure Acceleration Anyone in the greater Tampa Bay area should check this place out. They not only provide low prices on parts and gear, but also provide a one of a kind open bay with all of the tools you'd need to install products purchased at the shop, at no extra charge.

I picked up a set of BT-016 for $262.15 OTD, that includes mount and balance! Stopped by there last Friday about 6:30pm to check them out and order the slippers for my girl. Rode up there yesterday around 6:00pm, pulled into the bay and before I could get all my gear off, the owners (Mike and Melanie) were pulling tools out of the chest to get me started. Pulled the rear wheel and handed it off to Mike to do the mount and balance as I got to work on the front. All the while, Mike is quick to offer wrenching tips and assistance. After he'd balance the tires Mike looked up the torque specs as I was struggling to remember what was what. I was in and out in about an hour. What a great experience!

Iuh_GrNte_jq6LH4L9sT2inuutkQq01XRpXUKl9_QxxKSm7WfASNHsiacR4jYFyrXoNqDYKOsVVZfhNRRFhBoEAmzvRJbogw.gif

Love hearing of these types of shops! They are few and far between, but should be recognized and promoted!:beerchug:
Bubba

Yeah, there really should be more like them. I know wrenching isn't everyones cup of tea, but they (other shops) should at least give you the option to do your own work.

With the autocraft shops on military posts, at least the ones I've been to, they require you to take a common sense test. Operation of lifts, fluid disposal, shop safety stuff like that. You take the test once and get a "license" to use the shop. When you check in, they give you a ring of 20 chits that is used to check out tools or tool sets (just their way of making sure tools don't walk off). When your done you sweep/clean your bay, clean 'n turn-in the tools to collect your chits and sign out. Very efficient.

Pure Acceleration isn't as regimented as the military shops, but they do ask that you clean after yourself and put the tools away. Can't say enough good thing about the place.

Back