Prototype Accessory Bracket

Stiturbo

Registered
Made a bracket to hang my satellite radio, cell phone and soon GPS. Needs some finishing but this is first time around. Rode about 350 miles with my tank bag on and I was very happy with the visability. Let me know what you guys think about it. This one is steel, but I am allready thinking about a aluminum one. Cost was maybe 20 bucks for the metal at lowes. once cleaned up and painted I think it's going to be kick ass. I like the fact that it does not pivot with the handle bars. I also installed the autocom unit, a fuse block and a relay for key on power to the fuse block.
I do have a question where do you guy's run the comm wire to your helmet? I have mine routed in the crotch area through my jacket and back of helmet. It works okay, just need to protect the tank more.

hayabusa 012s.jpg

hayabusa 013s.jpg

hayabusa 014s.jpg

hayabusa 017s.jpg

Looks good! I would put the phone on the left, and move the sirrus to the bottom then you wont see the wires so much...just a thought!

I've used a Tech mount for a couple years now and after having it break at the stem screw I was extremely impressed with their awesome customer service. I emailed them and received a return call telling me to send the old one in and they replaced it with an updated stronger one. :thumbsup:

Ghetto Bracket update. Cleaned up a bit and new arrangement. I am looking at getting the Garmin 255w GPS once this is mounted and I make sure the arrangement works, then I will create ghetto backet 2. Oh and I don,t see any Tech mounts that attach like the ghetto bracket plus I would have to spend a lot to mount all my junk. I much prefer making my own. If you just have to get the machined mounts and all which are very cool spend away .

ghetto bracket 2 001s.jpg

ghetto bracket 2 002s.jpg

Looks GREAT!!! Very clean looking. I have my sirius on a tech mount, but I worry about getting caught in the rain. So, I only use on super sunny days!

I have the pro avi model, I just dangle both pax and pillion connectors out the side of my back seat (near the L part that grabs the hooks) and use an extension cable to hook to my helmet. It dangles on my side No routing required. When I get off I just tug at the cable and it disconnects.

I like the quality of the autocom cables, the strength gives me faith it will last a while..

I bought it just to hear my laser jammer go off. LOL I want to get a radio but never got around to it. I know once I buy one i'll never be able to find another person using it as well.

what you essentially have there can be made simplier by using all thread through the steering head hole. It would them bolt together rather than needing welded...

RAM mounts had done this long ago...

what you essentially have there can be made simplier by using all thread through the steering head hole. It would them bolt together rather than needing welded...

RAM mounts had done this long ago...

Um if you notice this does not go through the stem. My cables will not have to flex when turning which I think will lead to longer life for them. :learn: Oh and I like to weld. I really like it when I get to fire up my plasma cutter also.

Last edited:
Um if you notice this does not go through the stem. My cables will not have to flex when turning which I think will lead to longer life for them. :learn: Oh and I like to weld. I really like it when I get to fire up my plasma cutter also.

yeah but the gas tank bolts really aren't up to the task you are putting on them. Would be bad if you snapped them or damaged the threads in the frame.

Back