Protective film "Tank Slapper"

gstspeedster

Donating Member
Registered
I'm going to buy a protective film kit for my new baby, and wanted to see if anyone here was interested in getting a kit for thier toy as well. If so I will contact the company and see if we can get some sort of groupbuy going with them. Also If anyone here knows of other places to get these kit that might be cheaper please let me know. I didn't even think to ask Street and Track? Heres a link to the kit. They also have a film that is just for your tank also. I will post the home site too.
http://www.thetankslapper.biz/cgi-loc....0047693

Tried them and didn't care for them. On the silver portions of my bike they really did look invisible. Blue portions looked horrible. Average person walking by will think you did a hilljack paint repair and glopped a ton of clear coat on the tank.

For lighter colored bikes like silver or white they'll be great.

I was just going to install them whenever I went touring, with exception of the tank piece. But since my bike is all white and silver I should be good to go.. Thanks for the info..

I would be interested in buying another set (2 sides + top of tank).

I have used them on the back of the tank. I dont see the need for the ones that go on the side. They will sell you just the back piece. If you take your time you can get it on there and it looks OK. I have a black SE and it does save the back of the tank from all those small scratches and dullness but if you wear a leather jacket it seems to stick to the stuff and will pull up the corners.So with that problem you need three or four of them. You can reinstall them but after a few times they look bad.

I have one, and I like it, but it got torn up by my sport touring jacket. (Buttons on the Front) They do a good job, though, and look fine if you put them on right.

I would be interested in the one that covers the entire tank top, though.

But they are only 20 bux, how much discount could you get.

I just did the full kit and like it a lot! However.... your panels need to be religiously clean and dust free for best results. Take your time and you will be rewarded. Mine already saved my tank so it has paid for itself already! Plus you can take it off any time you like. I actually cut some thin strips from the sample part they sent me and trimmed the edges of my hump and the trailing edges of the fairing where my legs rub at stop lights. Cool stuff!

<!--EDIT|bigoltool
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137348228 -->

Hey guys, I have a tank kit for up to 04. Let go for $12.00 shipped to lower US. Got from Tankslapper and decided not to use. 1st to respond will get it. PM for paypal info if interested in it. Bob

I'm in. I was planning on getting that tank set anyway. Let me know.:)

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>DONT GET THE 3m STUFF</span>

It's perm and to thick to mess with. Thetankslapper.com offeres both.

1. Works perfect on bottom of undertails to make clean up nice and keep rock chips down.

2. The lower left and right front corners of the main fairings and the 1/2 round black circle below the radiator behind the front wheel are perfect spots for the tank slapper mylar stuff.

lowers get rock chips bad there. The angle makes it too tuff to see to worry about it. Behind the wheel makes clean up so easy.

3. Ive put it on yellow, silver, black, blue, and red bikes with no complaints. It's better than the "TANK PROTECTORS" that peel off due to your belt lifting up on them.

4. Headlight covers are not really necessary.

You can get it off the roll and make your own "kit" (undertail)

Just my worthless .02 cents.

JD

I will be talking to the company today and should get a better idea of what kind of discount were talking about. I will post the numbers as soon as I get them.

What a coincidence, I just ordered mine. And got on the org. whats the first thing I see? This tread. BTW, I asked about a piece for my undertail they said for an additional 7.00 they would send me a piece for that also. Again thanks JD he told me about this the other night after helping me with my relay and switch hook up. If we ever have a person of the year award for most informative, and knowledgeable, I nominate JD, aka Icemann.

Company told me 30% off for 10 orders at a time. I'm not sure if its only for the full kit or just the tank. I will keep ya posted.

Back