Pros and Cons -1 front sprocket gen2

Raul_923

Registered
I would like to know what is the advantage and disadvantage when you go -1 tooth on the front sprocket gen2
List mod : full Brock’s alien exhaust,it’s got a 4 over arm,lowered,Schnitz tuned ecu,front tire 120/70r17 rear 200/50r17 bike is mostly used for hwy ride

More acceleration, more agressive throttle reaponse.
Up 600rpm above stock.
Still 175-180+ mph top speed.
Unrestricted gen2 can do 197mph with stock 18/43 sprockets.
Slightly lengthens wheelbase, vs a +3 rear, very close gear ratio, slightly shortens the wheelbase
Only cons would be the above, if that's not what you like, and isn't ideal for someone that just wants to cruise or tour, as well as a small drop in mpg.
Personally, I love it, and do -1 front or +3 rear to All my bikes, so my opinion is biased, but the above are facts.

I would like to know what is the advantage and disadvantage when you go -1 tooth on the front sprocket gen2
List mod : full Brock’s alien exhaust,it’s got a 4 over arm,lowered,Schnitz tuned ecu,front tire 120/70r17 rear 200/50r17 bike is mostly used for hwy ride
Hi. For what I will be using my for +3 front -6 rear= 20 front 34 rear with overdrive 5th and 6th gears and a 200/55/17 tire.

Back