Pronunciation druthers?

scottybusa

Donating Member
Registered
Just curious what the correct pronunciation is for GSXR.

I say it like it was spelled "Gixxer"....... with a G as in go.

I've heard it pronounced "Jixxer"....... with a G as in genie.

What do you all think?

lurk.gif

(VaBusa @ Jun. 28 2007,13:20)
(05BusaLe @ Jun. 28 2007,13:19) I say G S X R!
all_coholic.gif
You're probably losing like, 3/10's off of your time doing that  
laugh.gif
Thats fine by me, I leave others standing there with the look of WTF did he just say?

As I ride away on my B U S A
laugh.gif

poke.gif

laugh.gif

(05BusaLe @ Jun. 28 2007,13:27)
(VaBusa @ Jun. 28 2007,13:20)
(05BusaLe @ Jun. 28 2007,13:19) I say G S X R!
all_coholic.gif
You're probably losing like, 3/10's off of your time doing that  
laugh.gif
Thats fine by me, I leave others standing there with the look of WTF did he just say?

As I ride away on my B U S A  
laugh.gif

poke.gif
Boooooooosa...
wink.gif

laugh.gif

I say "Year 2000 Suzuki GSX-1300R Hayabusa, candy red with gun metal gray highlights that is far superior to your tiny little inadequate scooter"

(raydog @ Jun. 28 2007,05:12) I say "Year 2000 Suzuki GSX-1300R Hayabusa, candy red with gun metal gray highlights that is far superior to your tiny little inadequate scooter"
AAAssjani.gif
jump9.gif
jump9.gif
jump9.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

I say Jixxer, but really never find myself talking about those smaller cc bikes much anyway.

It is, officially...by the Suzuki rep from the last Bike Show in Anaheim...pronounced using a "J" sound.

I've never heard anyone say it using the 'go' sounding 'g'. I would say that person was probably unfamiliar with the Suzuki line...or in that case, with motorcycling in general.

To this, I introduce my 'little friend': -->
guns.gif

When people ask what it is that i ride, i say "This is my Harley". When they say "Um, that's not a HD", i look down and say "WTF?!!"
firedevil.gif
laugh.gif
tounge.gif

My mechanic has a doberman pup named GIXXER. I call my busa a COUCH ROCKET. So......what does it actually STAND for? GENERAL SPORT CROSS RACER???

Back