Progressive throttle

Dulimon

Registered
Hello...It has a while since my last post. As we know the busa's throttle takes a bit more twist to obtain WOT. Over the years I've read where riders are having trouble attaining WOT. I personally didn't care for the amount of travel so I modified mine into a progressive throttle. A word of warning this is a no BS approach and unless you have very good throttle input control and an experienced rider don't even consider this mod. You will end up in a world hurt! I started out by marking the "wheel" on the shaft connected to the throttle bodies. At half throttle I started a layer of hard silicone in the valley. I built the bead up until the achieved amount of travel "twist" and progression was attained. You can customize to your own taste and remove it at will...and let me tell…when you get it personally tailored. You can snap the throttle open faster then a blink of an eye. I had a few people jaws drop after that mod and commented how “that thing just explodedâ€￾. BTW- First gear was interesting to say at the least but I could feel where the progression began and applied input from there. Hello to everone who is left from a while back. Like I said this is a NO BS mod and you better have your act together.

<!--EDIT|Dulimon
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151099814 -->

Pics?
rock.gif

Sorry, no pics...I sold the busa some time ago and have been waiting for the production of the new busa before I purchase another bike. For the silicone, I used a type of construction grade, which was hard but had a slight give. This way when I got heavy handed snapping through the gears the silicone would absorb the shock from the cable going taught. At the time, pics were not on my mind except keeping silicone off every thing except me. There are some pics here on the site that shows the "wheel" I am talking about. They referenced to adjusting the idle with photo illustrations. I left the silicone out of the valley for my everyday riding throttle applications. After that, I started applying silicone to reduce the radius and increase the rate in which the butterflies opened for business.

<!--EDIT|Dulimon
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151103240 -->

There is a quarter turn throttle out there for the busa,not for the faint of heart though.

Hey Dulimon, how's it going. Hurry and get that new Busa, we miss you all on the rides!!

Been busy but doing well...I'm in New England at the moment while the misses holds down the fort. She has been great dealing with all my traveling the last couple of years. Getting old but I need to pay my dues to work up the ladder. I agree we need to get another Busa. We are holding out for the "infamous" new Busa. We really miss the rides with all of you. Kinda sucks arm chair riding though the site with you guys.

Most likely, for drag racers and the wives of husbands who have multimillion-dollar life insurance policies…â€￾Here sweetheart look…I bought you a thingy for your bike.â€￾

Back