Progress on my bike finally!

onedownfiveup

Donating Member
Registered
Well as some of you know early winter I tore my motor out and sold my drop in piston/cam kit and am going towards the turbo side. That's the original plan I had when I sold my GSX-R to buy my busa but ended up getting a killer deal on my friends busa that already had a high compression piston kit and drop in cams.

I ended up tearing the bike down to bare frame and prepped both the swingarm and frame for paint.

IMAGE_038.jpg

IMAGE_039.jpg

IMAGE_040.jpg

IMAGE_041.jpg

IMAGE_046.jpg

IMAGE_047.jpg

IMAGE_048.jpg

Then I decided I'd go with a GSX-R 1000 Front End. I'm kind of kicking myself in the head for doing this as I'm having minor issues with it. I used a full front end for a 1000 and it fits fine. Only problem is ignition can't be bolted onto the triple tree because it hits the upper mount for the fairing stay.

IMAGE_051.jpg

IMAGE_050.jpg

If you use the busa clamps and wheel everthing should bolt up, except for the fender!

never tried this but since you already have the parts....try the gixxer lower tree and the busa upper and see how it works.

never tried this but since you already have the parts....try the gixxer lower tree and the busa upper and see how it works.
Can't, the GSX-R lower tree is narrower.
then you will have a 1mm gap on thge lower fork tube...clamp does tighten up but the concept scares some people. You can always use a metal shim/spacer. Top clamp/tubes are very close in dimensions.

what are you doing about the rotor situation?

Can't, the GSX-R lower tree is narrower.
then you will have a 1mm gap on thge lower fork tube...clamp does tighten up but the concept scares some people. You can always use a metal shim/spacer. Top clamp/tubes are very close in dimensions.

what are you doing about the rotor situation?
Everything fits fine as it sits. I just have one problem with fitting the ignition.

Back