Wifes bike FINALLY finished

vman1300

Never Forgotten
At the end of last year I located a repo'ed 03 R6 that was involved in a front end collision.

After over 6 months of locating spares and one very unplanned expense......

Even though there were no bends, cracks, buldges on the steering neck...the frame was bent about 2 mm at the neck.

Nothing a trip to GMD Computrac could not handle though....

Just a reminder of what I started with.

r6start1.jpg

And now the best part...total investment...just over $2k plus my time. Wife will be taking the MSF course later this Summer.......

thats a KILLER deal, man!
super.gif

congrats on building a great bike for NOT a great amount of cash-wish I coulda done that....
all_coholic.gif

Wow, what fine work. I can appreciate your efforts as I spent the winter re-doing the left side of the CBR600 that my son ran off the Cherohala Skyway with (no injuries, Praise the Lord!) and that only involved body panels. I have to be nosey and ask, what type of money is usually involved in buying a totalled bike if you have any knowledge as I found I enjoyed bringing a bike back to life and wouldn't mind trying something more challenging. Who is GMD Computrac? Good looking bike!
beerchug.gif

(JrGMan @ Jul. 21 2007,21:06) I have to be nosey and ask, what type of money is usually involved in buying a totalled bike if you have any knowledge as I found I enjoyed bringing a bike back to life and wouldn't mind trying something more challenging. Who is GMD Computrac?
The entry fee can vary widely from type of bike, damage and in some cases...how much is still owed on the loan.

I have bought several repo's and total's over my life. Working at a dealer, I get 1st shot at newly totalled machines. Sometimes at great deals. All to save the insurance agent from having to take the bikes to auction.

I have payed as little as $120.00 for a GSXR1100 to over $2000.00 for a lightly damaged machine. The bad part...prices are constantly on the rise.

This particular R6 was a real deal...I only payed $500.00 for the machine...and the motor would run when I bought the bike. It was more of the right place at the right time kind of thing.

Selling parts I see what are the cheaper bikes to build. Yamaha's are hands down the most affordable to repair.

GMD Computrac specializes if fixing bent frames. If you need them at all, closest to us is Atlanta.

GMD

As you stated...part of the fun is the build. I enjoy seeing what the starting point was and where the bike finishes.

I really need to shop bringing bikes home...I am running out of room in the garage. But there is a schweet 07 CBR600RR with 570 miles calling my name at work....

I've been dying to do a makeover like that, but I can never find a great deal like that. Bike looks awesome.

Back