Problem with mirror after helibar mod

corrcullen

Registered
I recently fitted the helibar mod to my 2002 busa, and it makes a nice difference indeed.
However, when parking or maneuvering the bike at walking pace where I need full lock on both sides, my knuckles catch the bottom of the mirror which is annoying and a little dangerous while gripping the throttle as well.
Anyone else had this problem after fitting them?
I guess the solution is to raise the mirrors a little?
Is there any relatively cheap raisers I can get, and I guess I will need longer bolts too?

there is a left and a right side to those heli bars so you know, I have put them on my 2007 and never had a problem

I had them on my first "09 and had the same problem.

It was not a factor in riding, but Yes, when putting it in the garage it was PITA.

This is one of the reasons I did not put them back on my new one. That and the fact that they are 200+ cabbage and still have the same lever angle which I was hoping to correct with the Helibars.

Just 2
Bubba

I bought my second 05 with heli's already installed and have noticed the same issue, kinda startles you cause your not expecting it to happen, feels a bit dangerous when it happens but never an issue while riding. I'm gonna install the mirror extenders and see if that resolves the issue as well as allow me to actually see out of the mirrors.

Back