problem with clutch\gear shifter...

i must be retarded, cuz i dont want the motogp pattern... but dont know how to change it to stock

ywa, the wheel, chain, & sprocket will turn while in N. but like i said i cant get it to shift to another gear
I guess I had a retarded moment there! Good luck with getting it rite and fitting with your midpipe. All looks as it should be! I was wrong. C ya @ speed weeks here.

Something is pinched.......if you found the little indent in the back of the clutch slave so that's good, then something is binding. If the sprocket can't move clockwise, or counterclockwise, then the speed sensor is binding the back of the cover. Did you replace the washer on top of the drive sprocket ?. If you did, and the new sprocket has been milled with a step, take that darn washer off, also the stepped side is facing you when the nut goes on. Some folks accidentally put the the stepped side inwards, causing it to mash the side of the case. NO BUENO......If the sprocket can't shimmy fore / aft to let the transmission shift, then you're bound up there. Especially, if you put the shift dog (part that rolls shifter when you move your foot) back on within a tooth of the original position....... :whistle:

Note: PLEASE do not start the Busa and try to force it........find the bind and release it. :oldcool:

Last edited:
I switched my '08 to the GP shift pattern...the shift linkage in the pic is the normal (stock) pattern.
Yep! Had a moment there thinkin of anything it could have been! I Called! as of then it was in working order?

Back