problem with clutch\gear shifter...

txbikerdude

Donating Member
Registered
hey all... i replaced my front sprocket and rear sets, but now i have a problem. no matter what position i put the shift rod in, i cant change the gears. I can pull the clutch in the bike is in neutral but no matter what I cannot change gears. It almost sound like something is hitting it unside the clutch cover. does anyone have any ideas?

Did the cover seat all the way, or did you have to pull it in with the screws? Sounds like the clutch is not coupling. That is if you can hear the gear selector change. The selector is moving rite? maybe the clutch slave puck extended like it will while changing the sprocket and its stuck out. Clutch lever feels like it did B 4?

1) yea i pulled the cover off twice and put it back on to make sure it was on right. It is on secure

2) what do you mean the slave puck is extended?

The puck that the clutch rod fits into, if the cover fits all the way in without having to pull it down with the bolts that isn't the prob! With eng off you hear the gear change?

The puck that the clutch rod fits into, if the cover fits all the way in without having to pull it down with the bolts that isn't the prob! With eng off you hear the gear change?

no, the "bolt" looking thing on the bike that the shift rod connects to - it wont turn either way... well it does just a tad but thats it. I tried turning it with a pair of pliers too but it wont turn and change gears.

no, the "bolt" looking thing on the bike that the shift rod connects to - it wont turn either way... well it does just a tad but thats it. I tried turning it with a pair of pliers too but it wont turn and change gears.
is the bolt lookin thing on the eng or your new rear sets? got a picture?

ok here it is...

if you look to the left side of the shift rod (with the black rubber boot)..

shifter.jpg

did it turn fine after the install? Was the chain on, and doing the holding of the sprocket for nut removal? or did you have it in gear to hold it!

1) this is the first time i checked to see if it would turn
2) chain was off, per the service manual, it was in N and my wife was holding the rear brake as I used the impact gun to remove\install the nut

ok... i checked it again... it was in N... i tried to shift, rolled the rear wheel and you could hear the clutch try to shift gears, well i assume it did because with the clutch out the wheel wont turn, but the gear shift does not show the gear selected. its like its trying to change gears

1) this is the first time i checked to see if it would turn
2) chain was off, per the service manual, it was in N and my wife was holding the rear brake as I used the impact gun to remove\install the nut
OK take a deep breath, not being a S arss but how could holding the brake help if the chain was off! Nice sets but they look like the shift will be a motogp pattern, your on a S. arm stand will the wheel,chain & sprocket turn ok? if not there is ?? holding or binding the sprocket!

OK take a deep breath, not being a S arss but how could holding the brake help if the chain was off! Nice sets but they look like the shift will be a motogp pattern, your on a S. arm stand will the wheel,chain & sprocket turn ok? if not there is ?? holding or binding the sprocket!

yea my mistake, rear wheel was on and chain was on, wife was holding the rear brake, tranny was in N.

hey you mind calling me? 214-673-7500

i must be retarded, cuz i dont want the motogp pattern... but dont know how to change it to stock

ywa, the wheel, chain, & sprocket will turn while in N. but like i said i cant get it to shift to another gear

Back