Primitive hunting

I shoot a recurve bow and that's about as primitive as I want to get with a boar.

Hunted with traditional archery equipment for a few years. Fun, found something else to keep my intrest.

Years ago a co-worker and his friend decided to hunt wild boars with knives. Co-worker was broke on that idea with tusks in his wrist that almost cost him his life and job.

Good luck.

Yeah it can be very dangerous, I would only hunt boar with a spear and Major Tactics.. Like a net funnel into a deadfall trap that I could easily spear into the animal's heart and lungs for a quick death. I wouldn't go after large boar with just a knife or without a pack of 4-6 stafforshire terriers to distract an weaken him. They are too big too fast too strung and too effin tusked up for battle. The ones I would hit up are the havaline but I would do it wearing Shin armore beyond shin guards but I would wrap my shins/ankles/feet with a matrix of high and medium density foam with aramid and several layers of dense cardboard or even phonebook paper topped off with sharkskin or mantaray skin.

I would do it wearing Shin armore beyond shin guards but I would wrap my shins/ankles/feet with a matrix of high and medium density foam with aramid and several layers of dense cardboard or even phonebook paper topped off with sharkskin or mantaray skin.

How are you gonna be able to move around with agility wearing all that gear? Your gonna look like Ralphies brother in the movie "A Christmas Story"......... :laugh:

Yeah.. You'd be surprised about how crafty our ancient ancestors were in order to take one down. Must have been a stalk wait and pounce attack or a drop a boulder on it style..

you're overthinking it. lots of people here knife hunt hogs. the dogs hold the hog by the ears distracting it and the person rushes in and stabs it thru the side behind shoulder plate. they don't flip em over. search YouTube for hog knife hunts. many are kinda brutal to post here. there's one that shows a little girl doing it. if she can you can :laugh:

you're overthinking it. lots of people here knife hunt hogs. the dogs hold the hog by the ears distracting it and the person rushes in and stabs it thru the side behind shoulder plate. they don't flip em over. search YouTube for hog knife hunts. many are kinda brutal to post here. there's one that shows a little girl doing it. if she can you can :laugh:

Yeah.. I just wanted to know how many folks here actually know about it or have experience with it.

Back