PPR Titanium Valves . . . Increase Flow!!

Check this out, just by changing valves from standard to Titanium ( same cylinder head, no mods) a marked increase in flow is gained!

How is that possible?
I know they are lighter.
Are they able to move quicker and stay open slightly longer from weighing less?

This is a complete mystery to me.
I wish they explained why the flow increases, I think I'll email them and ask that question.
There has to be some technical explanation, and you may be on to it right there sixpack re the increased speed of movement due to less mass and consequently slightly longer duration.
Hmmmmm . . . I'm gonna look further into this one.

Gen 2 valves are titanium. Those are shiny that has to add like 5hp.

7616D93F-0E49-45D9-A161-F5EEAB0F1924.jpeg

He’s right the Gen2 came factory with Titanium Valves.

The reason I know this 100% is there was a ton of them used on Psycho Bike forum for sale. All the Gen2 guys who were spraying ditched em for Stainless Steel valves. Said there were multiple Gen2’s that blew up while spraying and builders traced it back to the Gen2 titanium valves. Guys swapped for SS and the engines ran with no problems

Last edited:
View attachment 1584880

He’s right the Gen2 came factory with Titanium Valves.

The reason I know this 100% is there was a ton of them used on Psycho Bike forum for sale. All the Gen2 guys who were spraying ditched em for Stainless Steel valves. Said there were multiple Gen2’s that blew up while spraying and builders traced it back to the Gen2 titanium valves. Guys swapped for SS and the engines ran with no problems
OR SO THE GERMANS WOULD HAVE US BELIEVE

Maybe Frank from Powerhouse may be able to help here?
I can't really see how a lighter valve can increase flow, after all the valve can only follow the profile of the cam lobe, so perhaps the material has an influence on the flow? Beats me.
C'mon Frank, share some of that wealth of info you have accumulated over the years man! :bowdown:

lmao.
twisted sense of humour Ali, just like me lol.
Hi. It could flow more if it had a different shape from stem to the seat. I have read that V&H has a super Ti valves that will work in a turbo motor It was said it was used in Sam Wheelers bike? I have not seen them. I am trying to call V&H to order them if they even have them. I do not beleive every thing I read.

Hi. It could flow more if it had a different shape from stem to the seat. I have read that V&H has a super Ti valves that will work in a turbo motor It was said it was used in Sam Wheelers bike? I have not seen them. I am trying to call V&H to order them if they even have them. I do not beleive every thing I read.
Michael... are u building this motor ureself? If ure doing headwork and cams.... im sure whoever does it has their preference,,,,

Maybe Frank from Powerhouse may be able to help here?
I can't really see how a lighter valve can increase flow, after all the valve can only follow the profile of the cam lobe, so perhaps the material has an influence on the flow? Beats me.
C'mon Frank, share some of that wealth of info you have accumulated over the years man! :bowdown:
Kiwi; The aftermarket TI valves are thinner (thanks to the stronger material) and therefore effective opening is more like 30thou lift instead of the normally measured 50 so the effective duration of the cam is greater.
Thats my story and I'm sticking to it! :p

Kiwi; The aftermarket TI valves are thinner (thanks to the stronger material) and therefore effective opening is more like 30thou lift instead of the normally measured 50 so the effective duration of the cam is greater.
Thats my story and I'm sticking to it! :p
Ok, that sounds like a story I believe and will stick to also.
Makes sense, I'll be keen to find out more from PPR, I will also get a price on these valves, gonna be high I reckon.

Back