Power commander pciii usb question

Busa Phil

Registered
Hi Guys,

I have a few questions if anyone has any info on this subject.

So I bought a second hand PCIII USB off of Ebay for my 2007 Busa. I installed it last night. After I hooked it up, I turned the key and switched the ignition switch to on. My fuel pump activated and the light on the left of the power commander did it's "sweep" and then settled to the bottom notch and then went off. I thought to myself "hmmmm that's weird". I expected the one bar at the bottom to stay illuminated. Is this normal? Let me stress, I did not start the bike. I just switched the ignition switch to the on position. Will I need the 9v adaptor in order to communicate with my laptop while the bike is not running? Do you think it is safe to start the bike since I have no idea what settings are loaded into the power commander? Thanks guys!

Do you know if the PCIII already had maps loaded on it? I think the PCIII will get power when you connect it via cable to your laptop (not 100% sure on this)

Not an expert on this subject but I would erase any maps on the PCIII before I connect it to the bike. After you have downloaded the "best" canned tune (from Dynojet's site) for your bike's mods, only then should you connect it to your bike.

Hopefully, other guys with more experience/expertise will chime in soon. Or maybe you can phone Dynojet directly? Best of luck.

You have to start it or use the 9v adapter.

I just start mine for the changes.

You are not going to hurt it at idle. If it is too far off in the low cells the engine will just stall.

^^^what he said...
I will caution you however the PC will eat a 9v pretty quick. I made changes in the cells with it unplugged, then plugged it in to load.

Plus you can look at the map without the PC on the bike. 0's across all cells are a stock map. The deviations from 0 are percentages +/- from stock. If you have issues PM me a number and I'll talk you through it.

Thanks guys! It's all set, map is loaded for yoshi slip-on and stock/aftermarket filter. (RS3's and K&N) It had a stock map loaded initially. What's a good setting for the accelerator pump feature?

Thanks mr. brown for offering to talk me through it. I'm going to get it on a dyno this saturday. I talked to a shop in Brooklyn that will do it for $165.00...sounds pretty cheap to me.

yeah i though it was pretty cheap, hopefully they do a decent job. I can already feel a difference with the generic map for my setup loaded.

What I noticed most about a custom map is the crisp throttle response. It wasn't so much peak power as the way the power was delivered, if that makes sense.

Yeah i know what you mean. I live in Manhattan so I don't need it tuned for max hp ya know. I'm hoping that they can tune more for driveability through the rpm ranges I am normall using 0 - 8k.

Ok, I am new to this and I have a Power Commander iii USB also on a bike I just bought. The bike is running rich and I would like to lean it out, if I save the current map on the PC, then reset it through the program, would that in turn make my bike run like a stock bike instead of being so rich? Or is something else needed for the running rich issue?

Ok, I am new to this and I have a Power Commander iii USB also on a bike I just bought. The bike is running rich and I would like to lean it out, if I save the current map on the PC, then reset it through the program, would that in turn make my bike run like a stock bike instead of being so rich? Or is something else needed for the running rich issue?
PM me a phone number and I'll talk you through it.
Oh, and welcome to the oRg....

Back