Power Commander electric shifter

Speedfreak391

Donating Member
Registered
So I bought one of these for the race track/drag strip and I normally ride on the street, but what I am wondering is if anyone can help me set this thing up better? I need to know what kind of kill time to use. Now it is set at 55 milla seconds, and it seems to long. Also some times at lower RPM it feels like the ingnition is cutting out between shifts from 2nd to 3rd
rock.gif
So what I am wondering is, if anyone else has one of these, and if so what do you have it set at? Oh yeah, I have mine set to turn on at 7500rpm and above. Any input would help, Thanks!

I'm not experienced with the PC electric shifter particularly, but with my airshifter, I just kept shortening the kill time until it wouldn't shift anymore, then backed it off a hair. At first it felt like I could foot shift it faster, the delay was so long, but it works fine now.

Speedfreak, nice to see another MN guy. drop me a pm sometime, and maybe we can hook up.
cool.gif

Hey Thanks Mr. Brown I haven't tried anything with it yet but that's a good idea, the only problem is that I have to take my PC3 out of my bike every time to adjust it, since I don't have a lap top at this point.
down.gif

I was asking about these a week or so ago. Tell me, since it automatically turns on at your specified RPM, all you have to do when you want to shift is click it with your foot right? Thx.

Yeah, you can set it to work at a certian rpm and up. Then all you do is shift with out the clutch, at WFO! They work awesome when you get them set up right, I have had the dale walker electric shifters before, but this just plugs right in to your P/C usb, and its working after you set up your P/C usb. I'll post what I set mine at for best results, when I get time to mess with it. I know it will work great but I just have to find time, and a place to set it up at WFO! There aren't any drag strips close buy that let you t/t.

Back