Power Commander 3 and a TRE ?

jbusa80

Registered
I recently put a Power Commander 3 on my 06 Busa. While installing I noticed this wiring harness apparatus with a "Checkered Flag Motorsports" sticker on it. I did a little research and it appears to be a TRE. After taking the bike for a spin after loading the map for my setup I couldn't notice any difference. All my friends say they noticed the difference after they hooked up the PC's. Should I remove the TRE since I have a PC3 on my bike?

You can pull the PC and the TRE.

The Yosh slip-ons only changed the appearance and sound, they added nothing to the bikes performance. The K&N Filter gave you a filter you can clean and oil, vs. buying the stocker every now and again. In past testing the K&N was not as good as the stocker.

The TRE probably isn't doing anything for you and can cause problems. Most fool the bike into thinking it's in 5th gear all the time 5-N-5, 5, 5, 5, 5 vs. 1-N-2, 3, 4, 5, 6.
removing the 6th gear restriction, but really not giving the average human being any benefit. Now if you want that extra 2 or 300 RPMs at 185 MPH, go for it, but these things have been a major source of trouble in the past.

Best of luck

The only reason the k&n tested worse because it was most likely overoiled so it didnt flow well .The TRE puts it in 5th gear timing maps and doesnt have ram air compensation and is null at WOT anyway.Get it dyno tuned as a PC3 will give better fuel mapping, may gain a little hp and better rideability.

If you want to run both of them your bike will be fine i have both of them plus the lcd touch screen on mine with custom tunes & never had any problems. I have a full Brock Gen 3 exhaust system, 1 tooth down front sprocket, BMC air filter, Power commander 3, dynojet LCD multiple map display, ram air seals,air box mods, GL PRO TRE, MPS rpm air shifter system with on board compressor and a 40 hp NOS system set up on a progressive controller.Prob. forgot something but never any problems.

Back