power commander 2000 busa

Brian

Registered
I understand the ecu rotor upgrade would be a better option for tuning and as an iterface for airshifters and other assorted controls, but for cost reasons am looking at a pc and wondered about the capabilities of a pc as far as controlling things other than fuel mapping? The 16 bit ecu in my bike could be hacked but the apperatus to actually do anything with it is huge bucks

I understand the ecu rotor upgrade would be a better option for tuning and as an iterface for airshifters and other assorted controls, but for cost reasons am looking at a pc and wondered about the capabilities of a pc as far as controlling things other than fuel mapping? The 16 bit ecu in my bike could be hacked but the apperatus to actually do anything with it is huge bucks

A used PCIIIR would be your best bet. I would enable you adjust fuel and timing . . .

I've got a 00 busa as well and the pc3usb is what I have on the bike and it will only let you adjust for fuel, dynojet hasn't made a ignition module for the bike as far as I know. The one they make for the busa is for a 02 and up.

I've got a 00 busa as well and the pc3usb is what I have on the bike and it will only let you adjust for fuel, dynojet hasn't made a ignition module for the bike as far as I know. The one they make for the busa is for a 02 and up.

You are absolutely correct. That is why sometimes you may want to source an old, used PCIIIR, which they do not make any more, but you can usually find on flea-bay. You can adjust timing with the PCIIIR . . .

Frank I do not think a PC3R will work on a 99-00

Brian, the Cheeseman is correct. The PCIIIR will not work on a 2000. The PCII will, and it is able to control fuel and timing, but is generally considered a POS. It can be used in conjunction with a PCIIIUSB on the 99-00 when you need a box to control timing. That is about all it is good for. If you had a turbo or a nitrous setup on that year Busa, it would be an option, since the EFIR boxes are no longer available.

But, from what you are saying, you are looking for more control. Updating your rotor and going to a 32-bit ECU would probably be your best bet, as ECU editor offers a lot more control over a lot more things than a powercommander ever will. Both the latest powercommander and ECU editor have their places and purposes, and many times are run together.

Johnny, thanks for the correction. I had a senior moment there. :bowdown:

Thank you both for the clarification, the dynojet site is kind of weak on the capabilities of there product, no doubt ecu editor is the way to go and is more cost effective as far as peripheral devices and tuning versus a pc, thanks for the info

Guys I have a 2000 Busa and a PCII I am having trouble connecting to it I dont have a serial port on my new laptop so I was considering some sort of upgrade to be able to adjust fuel and timing. What options do I have? What have you found for 16 bit ecu editors that work Yoshi box etc? Have you heard of any luck using a USB to serial adapter? Dynojet recommended a Belkin.

I use an usb to serial adapter all the time. <pc2.MT2,I even used it on the dynojet software for the dyno ...and dynojet said you couldn't

Thanks Johnny, Dynojet recommended the Belkin one. Is that the one you are using? What version of the software do you use when you use the adapter? Do you think this is the best solution for tuning my bike?

Guys I have a 2000 Busa and a PCII I am having trouble connecting to it I dont have a serial port on my new laptop so I was considering some sort of upgrade to be able to adjust fuel and timing. What options do I have? What have you found for 16 bit ecu editors that work Yoshi box etc? Have you heard of any luck using a USB to serial adapter? Dynojet recommended a Belkin.

'99 and '00 have 8 bit ecu. '01 has 16 bit, '02+ has 32 bit

Damn thats even worse LOL... just looking for the best way to tune it. It sounds like the PCII and getting connected to it will be about all I can do.

Back