Popped my 1/4 Mile cherry!!

IllusionalTA

Registered
ON the bike anyway.. Was a great nite.. weather sucked. hot/humid but still clear night to run.. had 4 run's.. don't have the slip's on me.. they're in the car.. but first run out was a 11.37@135 w/ a 2.4 60ft.. i bogged hard, 2nd pass was a 11.22 still bogged but came out a tad bit harder w/ the same 2.4 60ft
argue.gif
so went back out and ran again, realized i was short shifting, and tried a diff launch tech. well it's hopped pretty bad, and i nailed the 1-2 shift point, and short shifted the 2-3 what can i say i'm anxious lol.. and went a 11.34@136.. So after some thought and some idea's from another busa rider, took her upto 4K and slipped her out pretty smoothly albeit no 1.5 60ft but a 2.1 none the less which rewarded me w/ a 10.87@137mph.. that was my final run... So all in all it was a great learning exp. and i'm def. looking forward to getting more seat time on the 1/4.. it's a whole diff. ball game out there..
smile.gif

Another one hooked!
beerchug.gif
Seat time is the key.  Read through the 1/4 mile section. I think you will find some good tips.

Congrats. I love it when guys post their ~first time at the track~ results. It makes me feel fast!

j/k

Keep at it. Don't worry about beating anyone else. Just try to improve your own time one 10th at a time each time you go.

beerchug.gif

Went back today.. Got a 10.4@138 w/ a 1.85 60ft.. Finally gettin' into my own style.. Figured out i shouldn't worry so much about getting my feet back on the peg's until i'm wide open.. times instantly improved from then on..
smile.gif

super.gif
before you know it you'll be knocking on the 9's. you're going to find big improvements early but then trying to squeez 1/100's and 1/10's out of your time starts becomming difficult. {start saving money you're going to want some mods.}

Yea i know.. i deal w/ chasin' .01's w/ my cars
sad.gif
.. Gonna do some plugs here shortly.. i'll get back to the track in a next few week's.. should be interesting ...
smile.gif
thanks for the prop's guy's..

Gosh am I glad you wrote this. This was similar to my first time - only I didn't learn the start well enough to break the 11's. I'm still bogging and need some practice. I was worried something was wrong with my bike since I was soooo slow.

But much practice is needed! Great to hear your experience. Thanks!

cool.gif

Back