POLL: What Insurance do you have?

What kind of insurance do you have for your Busa?

• Full coverage including theft.

Votes: 171 75.7%
  • Collision & Liability but no theft.

Votes: 10 4.4%
  • Minimum coverage, Liability only.

Votes: 33 14.6%
  • What's insurance?

Votes: 12 5.3%

• Total voters
Allstate about $1,550/yr. liability 300,000/500,000, collinsion and comprehesive 500 deductible. Also added to my ubrella policy for a nominal charge.
Very high premiums in S FL due to significant theft and inattentive cagers causing accidents and fatalites. High proportion of squids with sportbikes on roads, lasty, lack of helmet law.

Full coverage. Got a good rate with State Farm, so figured better safe than sorry.

full coverage including theft, Soldier staitioned in Germany. Insurance $240 a month during riding season, and $40 during non riding season which is for 9 out of the 12 months of the year (Bauholder, GE "The Rock"). 37 y/o with no tickets or accidents ever.

Well, my poll is telling me that 75% of us are running full coverage and a good percentage of those are with State Farm. I am thinking I should maybe look into moving my car and home insurance to State Farm in order to qualify for motorcycle coverage. The reason I hadn't looked into it in the past is that I use an old friend as my broker and his company doesn't work with SF. I'll do some research first and decide later as I am pretty much paid up on all my installments for 2009 anyway.

No insurance can,t swing it. Every company I tried was above 6k for a year.

From what i've read on other forums, Motorcycle insurance in not required by Florida law...

Progressive, liability only... $237 a year...

Last edited:
Busa and Blackbird each $20 a month comp. and liability. If I had home owners with them, would even be cheaper.

From what i've read on other forums, Motorcycle insurance in not required by Florida law...

Progressive, liability only... $237 a year...

No it's not required but if you live, ride or drive here you will see it's needed. Theft rate is high and i do believe our state keeps winning the stupid cagers of the year award a lot. No offense to Cali I am sure you cagers are idiots but the fact that you shoot each other more often road rage helps keep things a little more civil :lol:

jkjkjk

Allstate full coverage including mods 98/mo and pay 10 months per year living in DC

I should mention that this insurance thinks I still live in SW Florida, I called to switch when I moved to Maryland and it was actually MORE even though you cant ride all year!

And yes it is true you dont have to have insurance in florida, even with a financed bike! Go figure? Since my Bus was the only thing I've ever bought new I decided to blanket it with love and go the full route.

I am definately going to look at State Farm after seeing the rates!

Last edited:
State Farm just quoted me $52/month for FULL coverage. 33 yrs old with clean record.
If I switch my car policy and my renter's coverage to them as well it will go down.

Back