PMRA Thunder Valley

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
I had the awesome opportunity last night to go to Thunder Valley Raceway here in Ok. last night. TV is about 30 minutes away, Professor and his wife graciously invited my wife and I into his home away from home and participate with him. I had pit passes and we got right on the concrete and I took a lot of pictures. The last PMRA event that I went to there were not any Hayabusa's but last night I was shocked... There were probably 25 Busas there last night and it was awesome to see the bike keep coming to the line.... Professor was listed as number 3 at the end of the event last night (3am so I should say this morning) and it was great. I put the pics in an album in the gallery PMRA Racing

I had a blast and it felt good to get out there in the middle of the bikes and to participate with everything...

I saw Rick lay his bike on its side and change the clutch plates in about 20 minutes flat, put the panels back on and get back on the strip.... MyGyver he definately is.............

For those that went to the Ark... Eureka Springs meet and got to know Honda John, well he won the event last night. Was neat to meet him last week in Ark. then run into him in OK. at an event and watch him win......

Check the pics out and let me know.... The ones at night are blurry because I was afraid to use the flash on the starting line... I didnt want to get my butt kicked for making a rider miss the tree because of my flash....

cAp

I almost fell over when I saw the pictures of Rick's bike on its side.... Looks like everyone had a blast. Nice pics Capt

why did he have his bike layed over like that? the plates can be changed out while its on the kickstand without the oil draining out. i did my clutch mod with it on the stand and full of oil with no drainage
rock.gif

(psycobusa @ Sep. 25 2006,06:14) why did he have his bike layed over like that? the plates can be changed out while its on the kickstand without the oil draining out. i did my clutch mod with it on the stand and full of oil with no drainage  
rock.gif
Now you tell me! I had heard you would loose oil, and I emmm..... go ahead and laugh ks..... didn't have any extra with me to top it off. The only other time I had it apart was when I installed the clutch mod and I had drained it. It is on the stand now so I'm going to see what I loose with it straight up when I take it apart tonight. It didn't look that bad scuffed the steels and swapped the worst one. This was right before elimantions. It held again for about 4 rounds and then starting slipping the last 5 or so.

Great job on the pictures Cap! Thanks for taking them and putting them up.

The camera and I have a love hate relationship... I love it when the pics turn out, I hate it when I'm not smart enough to figure out which settings it needs to be in for the light or movement... My goal is to have a sweet love affair with it and only have an occasional spat.....
argue.gif

CAp

(captain @ Sep. 25 2006,09:30) The camera and I have a love hate relationship... I love it when the pics turn out, I hate it when I'm not smart enough to figure out which settings it needs to be in for the light or movement... My goal is to have a sweet love affair with it and only have an occasional spat.....  
argue.gif

CAp
Trust me, that will always be the case. LOL

Best advice I can give is to use the "auto" settings as much as possible. The feature that I play with most is "White Balance". Tweaking this one is really fun but just remember to set it back to "Auto" when your done. Try using a tripod and playing with aperture vs exposure too or vice versa. I have done some neat stuff with waterfalls with the tripod and long exposure.

PS. I carry the manual with me most of the time but don't tell anyone...

Back