Placement of selonoid

McyMike

Donating Member
Registered
Is there really a benefit to relocating the NOS selonoid next to the spray nozzle?  I have mine located under the hump and the hit seems to be almost instantaneous....

Just a somehting to do this winter if it makes a difference.

MIne's in the trunk as well. I'm moving mine up under the t-bodies if for no other reason than to get some trunk space back.

I wish someone would post up their mounting methods for moving the solenoid closer to the nozzles.

there are 3 things that affect how quickly it will hit,bottle pressure,line size,line length

plastic lines hit quicker then braided,they can also be a real pia

i had my solinoid in the trunck for a year,using plastic lines and the hit was pretty slow,with a short w/b bike this was to my advantage

a few months ago i moved the solinoid forward about 18'' and mounted it just behind the motor,between the shock and the frame,i used a standard,dual mount,i think,solinoid bracket,i used a longer bolt and nut on the subframe mount to attach the bracket,this quickened up the hit considerably,but it still isn't instant,with my current .028's it hits pretty hard in 2nd

on my other bike the nozzle is only about 3'' from the solinoid and that one hits instantly

solinoids really don't like heat,so thats something to consider before you move them

Chevelle, as always - thanks for the advice.

My bike goes to the shop Saturday to get mapped - still running on a generic map now. I don't wanna run it any more till I at least know that I'm not running lean.

I can't believe I waited till the *%&$ing riding season was over to put N20 on the bike - it's KILLING me not to be able to ride it for another few months.

Also - one bad side effect of N20: the bike feels like a slug now when I'm not spraying!

trunk pics - still a work in progress - by spring it will look a lot cleaner.

ccc18.JPG

VERY NICE !

the only downside is all those goodies are hell on trunck space  (a small price to pay)

don't think of it as cold out....think of it as free hp !  
laugh.gif

For you guys that wana add more trunk space but keep the solinod to the back. I have mounted several solenoids on the outside of the trunk on the right side between the plastic fairing and the black plastic of the trunk. sorry no pics UNless Sledhead has some from when we did his bike

Back