Pitbull vs porcupine

baites1

Registered
Found this on the web.
Looks like it had to hurt.

dogvspcpine.jpg

Ouch. The puppy would die if it wasn't taken care of ASAP.
sad.gif

If it's true, poor puppy, but it mak be a photochop. I don't know many pitbulls that are dumb enough to keep going after a porcupine like that.

had seent these pics while back elsewhere. Pits have such a high threshold for pain that they simply do not know when to stop:O

I'd be surprised if the dog were to survive that experience.

--Wag--

I don't know many pitbulls that are dumb enough to keep going after a porcupine like that.
While I agree that that may and probably is a photochop, Every Pitbull I have owned and met would be stupid enough to keep going till it met it's goal. If it is real it may not really even feel any real pain, they are such tenacious dogs it is unreal. When they get their mind set on something not much will stop them even if it hurts.

I suppose we should blame the owner for being a bad owner, right?

This is an example of why pitbulls are a dangerous breed of dog. Once whatever it is that makes them lose it...happens...then there is no stopping them.

Thats why when they smell blood from a bite on a child, - or another dog, they dont stop till its beyond over.

And all the extremists say its the owner's fault for raising the dog to be so vicious.

I think its in the pitbull's genetics to go until the death of its opponent or itself. Cant win with that kind of odds.

Actually i have to say something about that comment. It isnt the dog that makes them dangerious ANY dog will continue to go after whatever its after untill it WANTS to stop , ive owned alot of pittbulls and their great family dogs. They are alittle stubborn but they are gentle dogs. The only time a dog is danerious is when the owners do not care for them properly or MAKE them like that. Just a fast fact more people are attacked and bitten by chihuahua's every year then rotttweiler , pittbulls , and dobermans combined. Also the comment about blood is SO FALSE... they dont go crazy over the site or smell of blood. My pittbull has been around a 4yr old with a cut finger and she didnt go crazy trying to bite her , she just sat beside her and let her hold her untill i fixed up her finger. Sorry if i sound pissed but its because of idiots like you there are breed restrictions on certain breeds of dogs. OWN a pittbull before you try talking ####. GOD I HATE STUPID PEOPLE!!!!!!!
AAAssjani.gif
AAAssjani.gif
AAAssjani.gif
AAAssjani.gif

AAAssjani.gif

AAAssjani.gif

AAAssjani.gif

OH BY THE WAY!!!.... thats like saying all mexicans and blacks are thiefs because alot of them commit crimes... DO YOU STEAL? must its in their genetics...... Normally its how their raised , nice family nice guy , shitty family , dad beat his mom , does drugs , abused... usually turns out bad... see my point?

<!--EDIT|camaro69_4542003
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140602204 -->

No, we didn't just go from dog genetics to racism, that isn't right.

We owned a pitbull for about 10 years. She would let the kids pull on her ears, give them piggyback rides, very obedient, well trained, smart dog.

Just don't try to hurt one of the kids. They are fierce protectors of their "pack", like any other dog. They just have a lot more muscle to do it with.

Blood? Um, no, that whole statement was absurd. Go back to watching "Shark Week".

The chinese version of a pitbull is called a shar-pei. My brother has one now. I don't think it could fight it's way out of a wet paper bag.

Sorry it was just to make a point. Saying a certain type of dog breed is a certain way is kinda racism , just in a dog sense.. wasnt ment to be taken any other way than an example

I was bitten by a pitbull completely unprovoked...hate 'em and you won't change my mind...I'd never own one, wouldn't want one around my kids and my opinion is my own based on my experiences...

We're all entitled to our opinions here...no need to get ugly about it...

any dog raised properly will act accordingly. I could raise a lab to be vicious. Some of my good friends have 2 pits, the first time my kids met the dogs they immediately started playing with them and enjoying it.
Any dog will attack when provoked, some will do it seemingly unprovoked. Sounds a lot like people right?
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but when you make a statement, atleast be somewhat informed beforehand.

Pit's, dobe's, rott's, are all great family dogs. Protective of their family and of their proterty. Pugs are great family dogs, they try to be protective but usually don't have the size or ability to do so.

All "discussion" aside though, that dog does need to learn when to give up

OH BY THE WAY!!!.... thats like saying all mexicans and blacks are thiefs because alot of them commit crimes... DO YOU STEAL? must its in their genetics...... Normally its how their raised , nice family nice guy , shitty family , dad beat his mom , does drugs , abused... usually turns out bad... see my point?
I can not believe you're bringing up the race card over DOGS.

My sister has a Greyhound...it's makes a great race dog...is that a racist stereo type?
Golden Retrievers make great hunting partners.
My neighbors German Shepherd Duke is smarter than many people and they make great police dogs.
Blood Hounds are great at tracking.
Huskies are great for pulling sleds in arctic regions.
Rots make great "stable" guard dogs (pisses me off when people group them with pitbulls).
Pitbulls are known for flipping like a light switch and mauling innocent children, adults and even their owners to death.

Whether you can see it or not, there is something wrong with pitbulls.  Maybe it has something to do with low class owners inbreeding them year after year until they're "wired wrong"...I dunno and don't really care.
If any dog came over while I was cooking out, I'd throw another burger on the grill for him.  If a pitbull wandered into my yard, it's time left breathing would be limited by the amount of time it takes to grab my 9mm.
If someone wants to keep a pitbull or tiger as a pet, more power to them (I'm all for governement staying the hell out of people lives), but it damn well better never be out wandering around free.

Is the Pitbulls bad reputation caused by some sort of world wide conspiracy?  Why do entire communities want them banned?  What about Canada's BSL?

Maybe I'm just ignorant when it comes to pitbulls and need to do some research.

Lemme see...Google News...Type "Pitbull" and click search.  Here's what comes up in order:

<span style='color:red'>Pitbull Attack Triggers Dog Bylaw Rethink
newswire.co.nz, New Zealand - 22 hours ago

Board saves boy from pitbull
Stuff.co.nz, New Zealand - 4 hours ago

No Charges for Pitbull Owner
640 Toronto, Canada - Feb 15, 2006
The comments come after an incident in Toronto where a pit bull killed a shitzu and bit the owner who was trying to defend his pet.

Will Attack lead to Pitbull Ban?
KKTV 11 News, CO - Feb 9, 2006
... banned Pitbulls. However, not everyone agrees banning the dogs is the best strategy for preventing Pitbull attacks. Ann Hagerty ...

Pitbull Dogs Removed After Attacking Police Officer
First Coast News, FL - Feb 9, 2006
By First Coast News Staff. JACKSONVILLE, FL -- Animal Control stepped in to remove some aggressive pitbulls from a Westside neighborhood. ...

Pitbull's attack on greyhound riles White Pains neighborhood
The Journal News.com, NY - Jan 26, 2006
By KEITH EDDINGS. WHITE PLAINS — A pit bull mix that neighbors say has been a wandering, menacing presence in their North Broadway ...

Dogs Attack Police Horse In Toronto
Dog Flu Diet and Diseases, Canada - Feb 20, 2006
Yesterday afternoon, two leashed dogs, a PitBull and a Rhodesian Ridgeback Bullmastiff, broke away from their owner and set about attacking a Police horse.  </span>

Now I'll type in German Shepherd:

<span style='color:blue'>Pooch plucked from pond MERRILLVILLE: German shepherd rescued by ...
nwitimes.com, IN - 18 hours ago
MERRILLVILLE | A wetter but wiser German shepherd named Rock was rescued Monday morning after he wandered away from home and onto a frozen pond at Turkey Creek ...

Chicago K-9 turns up unharmed
WQAD, IL - 10 hours ago
The four-year-old German Shepherd named Bart who went missing from his handler's South Side home on Monday was returned unharmed yesterday. ...

PET OF THE WEEK
Burbank Leader,  United States - 14 hours ago
Iron is an affectionate 6-year-old male German Shepherd. He is an extremely intelligent dog who is easily trained and already knows how to sit, stay, lie down.

German shepherd training to join Ridgefield Police Department
Danbury News Times, CT - Jan 30, 2006
... Meet Zeus, a 22-month-old red sable German shepherd who's in training to become Ridgefield's first police dog in 25 years. "It's...

Animal lovers rally to remember Sheena the German Shepherd
Malay Mail, Malaysia - Jan 23, 2006
... The case of the seven-year-old German Shepherd, which had suffered gross abuse and neglect by her owner and had to be put to sleep last August, sparked a huge ...

Face of German shepherd appears in pine tree
Mercury-Register, CA - Feb 3, 2006
Lillian and Roy Mastelotto of Oroville were surprised to find the face of a German shepherd mysteriously emerging from an old pine tree that had been cut down  

Exploring options to contend with drugs
Jasper Booster,  Canada - 1 hour ago
... Cpl. Leon Fiedler and his German Shepherd police dog Jake from Stoney Plain made a presentation to high school students and Jasper Elementary School Grade 6 ...

POLICE: On the growl with the canine cadets
Peterborough Evening Telegraph, UK - Feb 20, 2006
... Cambridgeshire Constabulary has a team of 15 top-class German Shepherd dogs and is on the hunt for two more to bolster the squad. ...

Dog detective Lara is overworked
Mid-Day Mumbai, India - 16 hours ago
... Lara is a new induction into the dog squad — she is hardly 20 days old, she is working as hard as her counterparts Big Bomb, a German Shepherd, and Viju, a ...

Bomb-sniffing German shepherd gets aisle seat
Chicago Sun-Times, United States - Jan 31, 2006
... Rex, a 5-year-old German shepherd, fit in with the other Iraq war veterans who were guests of Republicans and Democrats. Rex sniffed out bombs in Iraq. ...</span>

A German Shepherd is large enough to kill a human just as easily as a pitbull...instead of reading about attacks all you read about are stories praising them.  Why is there such a DAY/NIGHT difference between those two searches?
You bring up about how the dogs have been treated by owners.  Are there THAT many bad/abusive owners of pitbulls vs. other dogs?

Actually i have to say something about that comment. It isnt the dog that makes them dangerious ANY dog will continue to go after whatever its after untill it WANTS to stop , ive owned alot of pittbulls and their great family dogs. They are alittle stubborn but they are gentle dogs. The only time a dog is danerious is when the owners do not care for them properly or MAKE them like that. Just a fast fact more people are attacked and bitten by chihuahua's every year then rotttweiler , pittbulls , and dobermans combined. Also the comment about blood is SO FALSE... they dont go crazy over the site or smell of blood. My pittbull has been around a 4yr old with a cut finger and she didnt go crazy trying to bite her , she just sat beside her and let her hold her untill i fixed up her finger. Sorry if i sound pissed but its because of idiots like you there are breed restrictions on certain breeds of dogs. OWN a pittbull before you try talking ####. GOD I HATE STUPID PEOPLE!!!!!!!  
AAAssjani.gif

AAAssjani.gif

AAAssjani.gif

AAAssjani.gif
+1 My friend has a pit, NICEST dog you'd ever meet, He just wants to play, not maim. It's ALL in the way they are raised. My dad had a neighbor with a Rottweiler, yet again, one of the NICEST dogs you'd meet. He also had a neighbor with yippee little mutts (chihuahuas, poodles, etc.) MEAN little fuggers, nipped at EVERYONES ankles (till I kicked one, then they left me alone, go figure. I guess flying across my dads backyard made them think). The difference between the dogs? The OWNERS! The guy with the Rot's and my friend with the pit are both GREAT people to be around, honest, friendly people. The people with the ankle biting mutts? A$$HOLES!! They would just stare angrily at us when we walked by (pre free dog flight lesson), and their kids would break into houses and generally wreak havoc in the neighborhood.

Lesson: It's not the dog's breed, it's the dog's OWNER!!!

AAAssjani.gif

AAAssjani.gif

AAAssjani.gif

Are there THAT many bad/abusive owners of pitbulls vs. other dogs?
Sort answer..... YES!!!!

Think of it this way.... You're poor, want a big dog. Unfortunately, people who breed Sheperds usually look at the homes they are going to, BUT people who breed pits USUALLY could care less. Reason? Sheperds are more expensive to care for, and are generally a higher class dog than a pit. BUT a pit can be just as nice as a Sheperd, just depends on the owner as stated in my above post.

The unfortunate truth is, people that don't have much money and are a-holes but want big dogs go for pitbulls. I'm not saying all pitbull owners are poor, just the majority of the attacking dogs are owned by poorer folk.

Back