PitBull Stands

mzrsq

Busaless
Donating Member
Registered
I got an IOU from santa for a set a stands for the Busa. Looks as though I've been a very good boy this year (guess the diamond bracelet and earrings didn't hurt much either).

Anyone know where the cheapest place on the net is to pick up a pair. (PitBull, since this seems to be the boards concensus on the topic)

Thanks in advance

Scott

I bought mine at the local suzuki dealer. I'm not crazy about buying online just because if there is a problem, it's hard to get service or replacement?

Just make sure when you buy the front stand, you get the proper pin for the tripple tree. The busa takes a small pin, smaller than the gixxer 1k etc. I don't know why suzuke don't make all the pin holes the same size but they don't. I love my pit bull stands and use them all the time.

Haven't done a whole lot of looking, but I think Ron ayers probably has the best combined prices for the NewFront and rear stands ($252 before shipping). Don't forget your spools for the swingarm.

I bought Mine from Cycle Gear, But you can also get them directly from PitBull I think... Just remember "New Front" Stand and the pin...
thumbs-up.gif

I bought Mine from Cycle Gear, But you can also get them directly from PitBull I think...  Just remember "New Front" Stand and the pin...  
thumbs-up.gif
So Rev, are we recommending the "New Front" stand over the regular front fork stand? If so, why?

Just seems scary to me sliding that up inside the fairing.

The NewFront stand allows you the capability to removal the wheel. After a couple attempts at putting it underneath you'll be find. I use a towel under mine for support and protection.

have yet to actually see a pic of a Busa up with the New Front stand under it. I remember reading where a member here didn't like it and trade with Bullettrain for a standard front fork stand. Guess that's why I was believing that was the way to go.

Just want to make sure I only buy once, cause it wouldn't be the first thing I bought for the busa then changed my mind about...........LOL

have yet to actually see a pic of a Busa up with the New Front stand under it. I remember reading where a member here didn't like it and trade with Bullettrain for a standard front fork stand. Guess that's why I was believing that was the way to go.

Just want to make sure I only buy once, cause it wouldn't be the first thing I bought for the busa then changed my mind about...........LOL
Well then here you go!

31426432.jpg

31426443.jpg

24419616.jpg

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1104982003 -->

Thanks Chris............um......exactly/but not quite what I was looking for...........LOL

Hey, so whats up with my tank skin? Think I'm abandoning the carbon look, but curious anyways.

Ok, now... with the pics out of the way I'll give you a breakdown of why I like the Newfront better.
wink.gif

First of all, it's FAAAAAAR more stable than the Forklift. It's fairly easy to knock the bike off of the Forklift but you'd dang near have to actually flip the bike over to knock it off of the Newfront. Second, you can turn the forks/bars while the bike is on the Newfront. Turn the bars at all on the Forklift and it comes crashin' down off of the stand. Being able to turn the forks/bars while on the stand is useful in SOOOOO many situations. You won't understand how often that can come in handy until you've used both stands.
wink.gif

One note though... If your busa is lowered you may have a hard time gettin' the Newfront under there, if it will go at all... I think the guy who traded me his Newfront for my Forklift was planning on lowering his busa next spring and wasn't going to be able to use it. If I remember correctly that's why he wanted to trade.

Another note... I mentioned being able to turn the forks/bars. I should note though that with the busa you can't turn it full lock on the Newfront. The fender will hit the stand loop. With the 10 I can turn it full lock either way without hittin' the stand. In fact I can insert or remove the stand with the forks locked full left with the ignition lock feature. Smaller fender though...
wink.gif

A simple layer of masking tape on the part of the stand that goes under the nose is enough to keep it from scratching the paint if contact is accidentally made. After you've inserted it a few times though it's no sweat to do it without touching your bike. Like BigBS said though, you can use a towel while inserting it and taking it out as well. To begin with I'd put a cotton towel on top of the busa fender when goin' in or comin' out with the Newfront. Once I got used to it I didn't use the towel or masking tape.

Oh, BigBS also mentioned being able to remove the front wheel on the Newfront. You can remove the wheel on the Forklift, too, but I'd never do it. It's so easy to knock the bike off of the Forklift that I'd never risk it. Folks have done it though... Had bigger nutz than me though...
biggrin.gif

Another thing you can do with the Newfront that you CAN'T do on the Forklift though is remove the FORKS.
wink.gif

wink.gif

wink.gif

wink.gif

Thanks Chris............um......exactly/but not quite what I was looking for...........LOL

Hey, so whats up with my tank skin? Think I'm abandoning the carbon look, but curious anyways.
I still haven't painted anything else to clearcoat so I haven't bought any clear yet. It's still here though... I can send it back as is if you want me to. May be a while before I get to clear anything and can't afford to buy a quart just for it.
sad.gif

Here's a pic I just shot of it though.
wink.gif
What kind of pics were you lookin' for of the Newfront?

38331598.jpg

Hey mzrsq, this is a little off topic, but have you considered Handy stands instead of pit bulls? I got mine off the website for $100 + shipping for both stands. I've used them many a time to change oil/tires or clean the bike without any problems. Just make sure (which ever you choose) to go with bobbins instead of pads...the way the rear brake caliper is located makes it a b1tch to get the pads under the swingarm... At least for me anyways
biggrin.gif
Hell, with the money you save, you can then go to harborfreight.com and get a portable tire changer and change your own tires saving $70 a tire (washington dealers suck) which you can then use as leverage points to justify a turbo to your wife
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
I can dream can't I? Anyway, link to stands:
http://www.handyindustries.com/standpackages.asp

biggrin.gif

Chris, no rush, like I said, I think I'm straying from the carbon theme anyways, just been a while since I asked ya about it. Really have no need for it before april at the earliest due to weather here and the bike being in storage. Probably end up putting it up with the carbon inners as a package deal as together I have about $525 in them and have now changed my mind.

As for the pics, thats exactly what I wanted, I posted before you added the other 2 pics, when I first read your response it was only the pic of the busa without the wheels. Just got ahead of you.

Thanks again, if for no one else on the board, BT always comes through with the requests.

Hey mzrsq, this is a little off topic, but have you considered Handy stands instead of pit bulls? I got mine off the website for $100 + shipping for both stands. I've used them many a time to change oil/tires or clean the bike without any problems. Just make sure (which ever you choose) to go with bobbins instead of pads...the way the rear brake caliper is located makes it a b1tch to get the pads under the swingarm... At least for me anyways
biggrin.gif
Hell, with the money you save, you can then go to harborfreight.com and get a portable tire changer and change your own tires saving $70 a tire (washington dealers suck) which you can then use as leverage points to justify a turbo to your wife  
wink.gif

biggrin.gif
 I can dream can't I? Anyway, link to stands:
http://www.handyindustries.com/standpackages.asp
Thanks,

Though I've heard nothing bad about Handy Stands, it has seemed by overwhelming praise from board members that the PitBulls are the way to go.

Besides, it's not my money buying them.........they are from Santa!

biggrin.gif

Chris, no rush, like I said, I think I'm straying from the carbon theme anyways, just been a while since I asked ya about it. Really have no need for it before april at the earliest due to weather here and the bike being in storage. Probably end up putting it up with the carbon inners as a package deal as together I have about $525 in them and have now changed my mind.

As for the pics, thats exactly what I wanted, I posted before you added the other 2 pics, when I first read your response it was only the pic of the busa without the wheels. Just got ahead of you.

Thanks again, if for no one else on the board, BT always comes through with the requests.
Well, if you need it before then just hit me up. It'll be here. No problem on the pics. Glad to help.
beerchug.gif

I love my PitBulls, but it appears that Handy has come out with a competitor for the NewFront stand (imagine that). Haven't seen it in person or given it a test, but it looks to be very similar to the NewFront, but is adjustable in height. Not sure if that gives me a confident feeling or not. Anyway, just wanted to throw that out for 'ya. Here's a couple pics.

Handy_Front_Headstock_Stand___2.jpg

Thanks BigBS............Ordered the PitBulls from Ron Ayers last night (01/05/05), confirmation email says 7-10 days..........so we'll wait and see.

Thanks for all the input

Back