pipe question, rework stock?

Brian

Registered
Have any engine builders here done any stock pipe mods and seen worthwhile gains? And if so what are the factors that limit the power of the stock setup? We grass drag xcr 800 polaris tripples up here in central ny and the sled is the busa of snowmobiles lol, we do some mods that really wake things up on the dyno, obviously a 2 stroke is a different animal but wondered about the potential of some kinds of mods that have been tried maybe for cheating in stock classes

Yes, do a search - theres some info back there somewhere.
Oh ya, polaris fuji 800 the busa of sleds...(lmao) Everyone knows the Busa of snowmobiles is the THUNDERCAT ! It even has the suzuki motor ! Poolaris...lol

hmmmmm i assume i never ran you in top stock jeff but got a fist fulla $50s to put against any stock thunderslug

No - no top stock for me. Ive never had a Storm even in the game against the cat, many have tried and FAILED ! You must have alot of dough in that fuji. Hey, its all good, everyone likes something different especially you poo guys ! :beerchug:

Let me clarify a few things, I'm not talking about bolting some bull**** onto the stock pipe or gutting the cans which in my experiance is a loose loose situation(cant keep heat in pipes, loud and slower, just sounds faster) and yall know its true, I mean reworking the headpipe or exhaust ports along with it or possibly the collector, has anyone done this with worthwhile gains or not? any ******* can throw money at something it takes more than cash to build fast toys and original thought not just the cool advertised bs ya read and twisted numbers posted like most people fall for

hmmm storm? i think not, 01 800xcr 168 horse stock and prolly 10 left on the table without cheating

I have a 95 Tcat showroom stock with 163 HP. My 98 is faster yet. Now i still have the 95 with a Hooper 1100 kit - stock piped will take most poos out. 192 chisels and needs em all. Never had a polaris pass me on the ice. Some xcrs were fast- for polaris's.:rofl:

Still laughing about the "busa of snowmobiles..."

Last edited:
Let me clarify a few things, I'm not talking about bolting some bull**** onto the stock pipe or gutting the cans which in my experiance is a loose loose situation(cant keep heat in pipes, loud and slower, just sounds faster) and yall know its true, I mean reworking the headpipe or exhaust ports along with it or possibly the collector, has anyone done this with worthwhile gains or not? any ******* can throw money at something it takes more than cash to build fast toys and original thought not just the cool advertised bs ya read and twisted numbers posted like most people fall for

buy a real pipe

Back