pics from a storm

jch364

Registered
here are some pics from a storm that came through last week or so. thought i would share.

1 003.jpg

Wow! Must of been a nice storm! It seems to of blew away the other pictures! :laugh:

WOW I love the lightning pics. What kind of camera do you use? I have a Nikon D3100 and would love to learn to take pics like that. May I ask what you settings were? Thanks for sharing

WOW I love the lightning pics. What kind of camera do you use? I have a Nikon D3100 and would love to learn to take pics like that. May I ask what you settings were? Thanks for sharing

Its my work camera. A d100 nikon i think. or maybe d90. I dont remember. settings wise, well i have no idea what the aperture was. the delay on the shutter was about 20 sec or so. I did it on a whim. didnt have a lot of time before the storm blew over. Not much of a camera guy to be honest. I always use the automatic settings and my subjects are well,,,, lets just say they are more like still life...or stiff life....depending on how you look at it:whistle:

as i recall i put it on the tripod. set the camera for shutter priority and then set the timer to open the shutter. I think that the aperture may have been set to auto. but i cant be sure. based on the pics my guess was that it was auto. the brightness is from the lengthy exposure. the pics of the clouds better represents the actual lighting conditions at the time.

I love storms, so does Lynne. Max one of my dogs hates them he get so scared we have to cuddle him.

I used to love violent weather - until I had a child and bought my own home....now all I do is worry...

really like that second pic, looks like the beginning of a Stephen King movie :thumbsup:

Back